Grayscale Investments is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager. Through its family of investment products, Grayscale provides access and exposure to the digital currency asset class in the form of a traditional security without the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping digital currencies directly. With a proven track record and unrivaled experience, Grayscale’s products operate within existing regulatory frameworks, creating secure and compliant exposure for investors.
Grayscale Investments is seeking a mid-level attorney to serve as its ETF/ETP Counsel and support its growing suite of registered investment products.
The ETF/ETP Counsel will be deeply involved in forming and maintaining Grayscale’s structured investment products, which may include exchange traded funds, ’40 Act funds and other exchange traded products.
The ETF/ETP Counsel should have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a New York law firm capital markets practice or in-house at an asset manager.
- Form and maintain Grayscale’s structured investment products, which may include exchange traded funds, ’40 Act funds and other exchange traded products.
- Negotiate relationships with key service providers such as authorized participants.
- Understand the priorities, legal and regulatory needs of SEC-registered public market issuers.
- Maintain up-to-date and consistent disclosures, offering memoranda and prospectuses.
- Assist with preparing annual, quarterly and current reports (i.e., 10-Ks, 10-Qs and 8-Ks).
- Stay up to date on SEC rules, guidance and interpretations that impact the business.
- Work with and manage outside counsel.
- Respond to regulatory correspondence.
- Review, draft and amend standard commercial agreements and NDAs.
- Interact and work with finance, accounting and operations team and service providers as regulatory obligations and internal controls expand.
- JD from a top-tier law school or top degree from a leading university.
- 6-8 years of experience inhouse at an ETF issuer or New York law firm capital markets practice.
- Experience with SEC filings and working with commercial printers (e.g., Donnelly, Merrill).
- Experience working with authorized participants and other ETF market participants.
- Experience working with SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance, T&M and/or IM (preferred).
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies and their legal and regulatory implications (preferred).
- Advanced MS Office skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail, including mechanical aspects of drafting
- Strong organizational skills, including maintenance of checklists
- Excellent drafting and writing skills
- Strong research skills and an inquisitive mindset
- Multitasks and manages/prioritizes workload to meet aggressive deadlines
- Analytical thinker that can work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision yet knows when to ask for help and works well in a team
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the Stamford, CT office. However, Grayscale will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.