At Eco, we’re building the future of money. Our mission is to put people’s money back to work for them — letting them see more upside from their money than they do today.
We’ve created the Eco App, a digital wallet that replaces traditional banking services with a single, simple balance, offering users up to 5% APY rewards on their balance and 5% cash back at top merchants like Uber, Amazon, and more. Features like Bill Pay allow our users to put their financial life on autopilot. Even better, we reward every transaction with Eco Points, the world's first open rewards currency, which will fundamentally upgrade traditional money and reimagine how currency flows through the world. Although it may not seem it on the surface, Eco is a crypto-enabled company — and Eco Points will soon be so, too.
Eco is an ambitious company on a mission to make your money work better for you. We need dreamers, doers, creators, and storytellers to help make this vision a reality. If you’re motivated by working on complex and important challenges that matter to everyone and want to be part of a world-class team, come join us!
As a part of the Eco team helping to build on these products, the Senior Backend Engineer will help set technical goals and shepherd technical excellence across the engineering organization. You will use your skills to help strengthen our stack while also helping those around you succeed as well. We are not a team built on individual heroics but rather succeed and fail collectively as a team. Your expertise will help lay the foundation of new services to help propel Eco into its next phase of growth. As Eco and our team continues to grow there will be plenty of opportunities for mentorship and more exposure leadership opportunities.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will:
- Experience working collaboratively on a cross-functional team.
- Integrate partner APIs into our backend system to grow the range of financial products and services Eco offers.
- Write code to create and maintain APIs that deliver consistent abstractions to empower our frontend developers.
- Monitor and support the ongoing operation of our backend servers.
- Participate in all product development phases from requirements to production.
- Champion for a remarkable user experience by supporting our user support team in debugging user-facing issues and delivering solutions (a responsibility we take very seriously, and share teamwide).
We’re looking for you if:
- You have 5+ years of backend engineering experience, preferably with a consumer facing fintech product.
- You develop with a focus on testability or for the purpose of performing automated tests.
- You possess a strong understanding of security and privacy. Preserving user trust is a high priority for you.
- You have proven a strong aptitude for learning new technologies with a good instinct for discovering defects.
- You learn fast, are collaborative by default, and have outstanding communication skills (especially written).
- Bonus points if you already already have: experience with NestJS, GraphQL, Docker, and Continuous Integration tools; knowledge of payment technology, fintech, and/or crypto.
Our Tech Stack:
The target US base salary range for this full-time position is $180,000 - $225,000, plus tokens, equity, and best-in-class benefits. Within this range, individual pay is determined by a number of non-discriminatory factors such as relevant skills and experience. At Eco, we take a geographically neutral approach to compensation, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
Benefits of working at Eco:
- Fully remote organization that allows you to work anywhere in the US or Canada.
- Annual company retreats and regular co-working opportunities in different cities throughout the US.
- 100% employer-sponsored medical, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and your dependents.
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work culture.
- 401(k) plan with company match.
- Work-from-home stipend, monthly wellness allowance, and annual learning & development allowance.
- Fully offset carbon footprint provided through our partnership with Klima Infinity (Eco as a company is carbon neutral!).
Please note that we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, background, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status or disability. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to let us know.