The Arculus™ team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Principal Platform Engineer to help us build cutting-edge solutions for storing, sending, buying, and swapping digital assets.
Who You Are
You share our passion and drive, and have proven expertise and leadership in supporting critical services and applications. You are comfortable with brainstorming and can communicate technology ideas and issues effectively. Your collaborative nature enables you to work cross-functionally with different teams.
What You Will Do
In this position, you will contribute to the design and development of new and existing software components, subsystems, and services relating to the Arculus Wallet™, while employing best practices, governance models and methods. Your impact on the business will be significant as this app is the primary method that customers use to interact with our product. You will become a subject matter expert on the ecosystem of our platform, be a key player in the architecture of future product roadmap features and contribute in a meaningful way to the overall success of new product features. The product roadmap for future innovations is expected to go beyond crypto, allowing us to build new and exciting products to support gaming, entertainment, and innovative decentralized banking applications.
- Identify solution needs relating to cloud-based applications and services
- Engage with colleagues to build consensus on goals and the path to achieve them
- Collaborate with the development team and others to identify opportunities to improve development efficiency
- Design, develop, test, and deploy cloud-centric frameworks, applications and services
- Build backend infrastructure and functionality for our client-server application
- Automate auto-scaling in our AWS hosted infrastructure
- Provide technical mentorship to junior developers
- Serve as a subject matter expert on development and deployment in AWS
- Assess and improve security, uptime, and stability of applications and services
- Communicate progress updates to key stakeholders
- 8+ years of experience in software design and development in a team environment
- Strong programming skills with Golang in a Linux environment
- Understanding of Docker/Container setup
- Strong problem analysis and debugging skills
- Experience with API and SDK development
- Experience with cloud-hosted environments, and with AWS Cloud in particular
- Experience with computer networking and internetworking
- Experience with protocol-based network interfaces
- Solid understanding of software development processes, including testing and release management
- Ability to engage with and contribute to multiple projects at the same time while managing time efficiently
- Installation and utilization of a PostgreSQL database
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Experience in Java
- Experience in C/C++
- Experience with Kubernetes orchestration
Knowledge of blockchain models and cryptocurrency/NFT/DeFi technologies
Solid understanding of and experience with REST and web protocols and services
Participation in open-source projects or code samples on GitHub and other forums
- Experience with mobile application development, preferably for Android platforms
- Availability to travel onsite every 2 months for a collaborative team meeting and co-working session
Arculus™, created by CompoSecure, provides businesses with scalable secure authentication solutions for their customers and consumers with cold storage for digital assets with our premium metal card technology on our exclusive Arculus Key™ Card. With a tap of the card to a mobile device, businesses can protect and authenticate their customers for financial transactions and consumers can gain access to their crypto and NFTS in seconds on our Arculus Wallet™ App with leading-edge, offline security. With a strong background in security hardware and financial payments from CompoSecure, Arculus is here to make secure authentication processes easy to protect customers and consumers.
This is an opportunity to work with the latest technology in the dynamic blockchain and cryptocurrency arenas. The environment is highly collaborative, and team members are very supportive of each other, using their extensive experience to tackle significant technological challenges together. Each member of the Arculus team is dedicated to building the very best products and solutions for our customers. We have a passion for getting it right, and we are excited by a challenge.
The work is 100% remote and always will be! We have about six on-site strategy meetings every year which allow us to sync in-person, build relationships with colleagues and break down the barriers that come with having a remote-first environment.
The base salary for this role is between $170,000 and $220,000, depending on skill set and experience level. We offer a strong base salary, annual bonus and equity in our publicly traded-parent company.