All Turtles is a mission-driven product studio. We solve clear, meaningful problems felt by people and companies alike, and make products with simple, direct business models. We're a fully distributed team, with team members across the United States and in many countries internationally.
As AT’s Head of Finance, you’ll own all aspects of the finance and accounting functions. You’ll be principally responsible for monitoring day-to-day finance activities at AT, and across multiple portfolio companies, including financial reporting, cashflow management, and compliance. As a member of our executive team, you'll collaborate in setting the strategy for the organization, support other departments by being a thought partner and providing an informed perspective, and continuously optimize cash flow and capital structure. In this role, you’ll report to the CEO, and operate with a high level of autonomy. Your good judgment, analytical rigor, and critical thinking will be as essential as your collaboration skills and sense of partnership to your colleagues and our portfolio companies.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Ensuring audit-ready and GAAP compliant financial statements.
- Managing company's financial reporting infrastructure, ensuring financials are collected in an accurate, timely, and scalable manner.
- Working with your peers on the executive team to provide structure and accountability on strategic objectives across the company.
- Providing the Board and stakeholders with financial reporting and insights related to the business to create a clear understanding of company performance.
- Managing and mentoring a team to effectively address priorities and provide career coaching
- Collaborating with leadership to set financial KPI targets, both at the company level and the departmental level; track and communicate performance against those targets on an ongoing basis.
- Building operating models to evaluate new business opportunities.
- Evaluating and providing recommendations for other types of deals using modeling skills and contract reviews.
IDEALLY, YOU’LL HAVE:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in a leadership role within strategic finance, venture capital, and/or private equity.
- Experience working at/with early-stage startups (pre-Series C).
- Experience building detailed financial analysis that is used to drive business decisions.
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with a variety of stakeholders. You are seen as a trusted and personable advisor.
- Good judgment to assess and implement the necessary amount of structure (and no more!) to bring clarity and maintain efficiency.
- Extensive experience in financial modeling and forecasting, both managing financial statements and building complex one-off models from scratch.
- Familiarity with term sheets, cap tables, legal documents, and venture capital/private equity terms and concepts.
- Integrity, a positive outlook, collaborative mindset and entrepreneurial spirit.
As a company, we realize that talent is evenly distributed throughout the world, but opportunity is not. We believe that you should work where you can have the best impact, and live where you can have the best life.
The salary range for this position is $235,000-$280,000 for a full-time employee based in the United States, but it may vary depending on your specific skills and experience. We’ve invested the time and effort to develop salary levels for all of our roles, for both individual contributors and managers. These levels are based on national compensation data, and are weighted to be competitive in the most expensive markets in the US. Final leveling and cash compensation will be determined at the end of the interview process.
In addition to base salary, our team receives equity and a variety of other benefits. We offer all US employees and their dependents comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, covering 90% of the premium for employees, and 70% of the premium for qualifying dependents. US-based employees may also participate in our 401k, and we also offer life insurance.
Everyone on the team is eligible for our annual vacation bonus, as well as a bonus for meeting colleagues in person (an opportunity to build precious relationship capital with teammates), and our monthly distributed facilities supplement. The latter is money we add to everyone’s payroll for you to set up a productive and distraction-free work environment, no strings attached, and no receipts required.
How We Work
We’ve recently decided to work seasonally–focused periods of work with limited breaks, followed by 2 consecutive weeks off all together, all at the same time. This means we work hard from early January to mid July, take a break, and focus on output from mid July through late December, and then take another break. It means other things too, but we’ll explain it when we get into the interview process.
The Head of Finance role is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the CEO. This role is a remote position, and can be based in any location. Since our distributed team works primarily across US time zones, applicants based in North or South America time zones are preferred.
All Turtles is committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We’re committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.