About GrayMatter Robotics
GrayMatter Robotics is a well-capitalized and rapidly accelerating robotics/AI startup located in Los Angeles. We are developing brains for robots to transform them into smart assistants for helping humans in tedious and ergonomically challenging tasks. You will be part of an energetic and cross-functional team dedicated to developing robotic solutions for complex and challenging problems for existing and new markets. Join us!
About the Team
You will report to the CEO and CTO of GrayMatter, in the future, as we scale, will report to another Executive, TBD. Will partner with contractors, vendors, designers, engineers and operations partners. You will lead our facilities expansion to potentially include several locations across North America. The team is intended to conceptualize and maintain an environment which breeds creativity and innovation as well as provides a safe workplace to accommodate the needs of our team(s).
As the Facilities Leader, you will be a true partner to company operations and will be asked to nurture the work environment as well as the culture our team has come to love. We will look to you to develop and implement programs which will be aimed towards improving the efficiency of the facilities, including the office space, current robotics facilities and future facilities.
- Complete ownership of Office & Facilities Operations: including but not limited to keeping workspaces functional and presentable, managing logistics and supplies, managing visitor calendars, managing mail, shipping, and deliveries, managing service providers and vendors, managing security, utilities, cleaning services, managing all facility and office equipment
- Ownership of maintenance and upgrades: including taking lead on repairs and upgrades to the physical office and workshop operations, working with interior designers, external contractors, and other vendors for infrastructure maintenance and upgrades
- Ownership of future expansions across multiple locations
- Ownership of procurement: including but not limited to sourcing and managing bills & purchase orders
- Supporting people operations: including but not limited to collecting feedback from the team and leading continuous improvement activities at the workplace, maintaining and executing new employee onboarding playbook, planning, programming, and executing team activities, developing and documenting people agnostic processes, playbooks, and training materials, managing special days & events, managing business cards & other swags
- Ownership of compliance: including but not limited to safety and security compliance across business functions
- Other duties and projects
Skills / Qualifications:
- 3+ years of professional experience in managing business operations and communications
- Excellent ability to manage priorities and deliver on time with sharp attention to details
- A customer-centric mindset to understand, frame, and solve problems
- Ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- Comfortable leading small and large projects with multiple stakeholders
- Love tackling ambiguous problems, shaping them into clear goals, and delivering on sharp deadlines
- Excitement about envisioning the future of the team’s productivity and our customer experience