As a Senior Robotics Systems Engineer, you will be joining our multifaceted Product Development Group. You will work with our Software and Robotics Engineers alongside Systems and Process Engineers to develop new and mature existing manufacturing and industrial applications using our AI software stack.
- Design and Implement the core foundational architecture of our flexible robotic platform for developing new manufacturing and industrial applications
- Develop scalable robotic platform that include industrial automation safety sensors, vision and laser-based sensors, custom robotic end effectors, and mechanisms required for performing various manufacturing and industrial applications, especially surface treatment
- Internalize our customer’s manufacturing processes and challenges to design novel and scalable robotic systems that can be rapidly deployed in the existing work environment
- Prototype and test concepts or features, through simulation and emulators and also with robotic equipment
- Work directly with customers and partners to evaluate the prototypes, incorporate feedback, and deliver the production-ready system
Skills and Qualifications:
You have a successful track record working in and developing runtime environments for robotics systems with safety at the forefront. You have extensive knowledge of PLCs, RTOS, motion control, sensing, perception, automation, and broad experience with robotics.
- BS in either Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or a relevant field
- Experience developing programs for industrial robots including Fanuc, Yaskawa, and others
- Extensive knowledge of methods for calibrating tracking systems and multiple robotic and mechanical systems
- 3+ years of experience in developing software and controls for robots
- 3+ years of experience writing hardware interfacing software in Python and C/C++ involving EtherCAT, Modbus and IP-based protocols
- Demonstrated ability to successfully conceptualize, architect and integrate automated systems utilizing industrial robots with a generalized number of end effectors and partner systems
Benefits & Perks
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Equity in GrayMatter Robotics
- Flexible PTO
- Regular off-site events
- Discretionary funds for enhancing productivity
GrayMatter Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
GrayMatter Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
GrayMatter Robotics will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with periodic testing requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.