In this role, you will be in-charge of managing the team responsible for deploying and maintaining the robotic systems deployed at the customer site. You will be collaborating and influencing a broad range of stakeholders across operations, deployment, product, support, purchasing and other internal organizations. In this role you will help develop and implement mechanisms and processes to enable your team to scale with a growing GrayMatter Robotics network, build subject matter expertise, and innovate to address the needs of your operations and customers. You are also expected to work independently and with ambiguity in a complex, fast-paced, and high-throughput environment where multi-tasking is required.
- Determine project deployment timelines and key milestones by working closely with the internal GrayMatter Robotics teams
- Deploying mechanisms, processes, and tools to enable your team to scale, develop and share expertise, and drive continuous improvement
- Identifying and addressing trending operational performance issues and improvement opportunities, and implementing solutions across GrayMatter Robotics customers
- Facilitating rollout of robotic cells, and leading operations related to deployment at customer sites by working closely with internal team and external system integrators (or engineering companies)
- Providing requirements and “voice of the customer” feedback and influencing product and technical teams to drive long-term mitigation of performance issues and customer needs
- Working with internal purchasing and engineering teams to ensure all the necessary components of robotic cells are purchased and ready for deployment on time
- Maintaining partnerships with vendors to proactively identify bottlenecks and select replacements to manage deployment lead times
- Building and managing engineering teams for day-to-day remote support, onsite support, and deployments. Ownership of addressing day-to-day issues at customer sites
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor or advanced degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of managing engineering projects/programs
- Experience with concept-to-production development cycles
- Experience in managing large projects with members from external organizations
- Proficiency in working with project management and customer tools
- Proficiency in working concurrently in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent in managing priorities and delivering on time
- Experience in manufacturing automation (preferred)
Benefits & Perks
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Equity in GrayMatter Robotics
- Flexible PTO
- Regular off-site events
- Discretionary funds for enhancing productivity
GrayMatter Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
GrayMatter Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
GrayMatter Robotics will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with periodic testing requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.