The Sr. Robotics Software Engineer will develop and implement algorithms and architecture for production software by working with physical robots, sensors, and tools. The role will focus on the fundamentals of planning, learning, perception, and control to solve practical problems.
- Develop and implement algorithms, systems, and architecture for high-DOF robotic systems working in a constrained environment
- Develop test cases for emulating the robotic platform for testing software applications and product
- Develop high-performance production-ready software packages and systems by enabling GPU programming and other hardware acceleration methods
- Stay up to date with new research and novel findings in the fields of robotics and artificial intelligence
- Test and evaluate current state-of-the-art algorithms and techniques of planning, learning, perception, and control
- Create solid software development practices while building robotics applications, and mentor and guide junior developers
- Other duties and projects
Skills and Qualifications
- MS/Ph.D. focused on robotics or relevant engineering discipline.
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in developing, implementing, and testing algorithms for planning/learning/perception/control
- Software development for complex function-based software that interacts with sensor inputs, control loops, and redundancy
- Proficiency in C++ and Python production-level coding
- Proficiency in working with ROS, Google Protobuffs, and other open-source libraries relevant to robotics
- Experience in GPU programming and other hardware acceleration methods
- Developed and delivered complete software products that meet rigorous functional and safety-critical requirements
- Proficiency in calculus, linear algebra, probability, and statistics
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, with confidence and initiative for innovation
Benefits & Perks
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Equity in GrayMatter Robotics
- Flexible PTO
- Regular off-site events
- Discretionary funds for enhancing productivity
GrayMatter Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
GrayMatter Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
GrayMatter Robotics will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with periodic testing requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.