As a Robotics Software Engineering Lead, you will be the primary person responsible for developing the core robotics platform product. You will work with a team of robotics, software, and mechanical engineers for developing and maintaining the product, as well as incorporate scalable software development and testing processes.
- Develop application software that runs on our robots, and incorporates computer vision, computational geometry, motion planning, machine learning algorithms, device drivers, and all other robotics-specific solutions
- Design and implement our proprietary algorithms to deliver at-scale solutions and identify opportunities for automation and technology improvements that develop solutions to keep up with the changing needs of our company and technology
- Perform first-level troubleshooting for robotic system issues that arise, and develop possible solutions and patches to resolve the issues
- Take architecture and create solid code while building applications and performing test-driven developments and deployments
- Work with the backend, product, and applications teams to build reliable and scalable APIs
- Facilitate sprint planning activities, and mentor a team of robotics software engineers
Skills / Qualifications
- Education: BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or relevant engineering discipline
- Proficient in the following areas: CS Fundamentals, Scalable and Production Level Code, Algorithms
- Experienced with Complexity, Concurrency, Memory Management, and Communication Protocols
- 7+ years of experience with development in C++ (mandatory) and Python (optional)
- Good understanding of asynchronous control flow, with notions of concurrency and memory management
- Experience with networking and low-level communication protocols, such as MODBUS, UDP, and TCP/IP
- Proven track record in creating software for complex systems
- Experience in running large-scale systems: instrumenting, monitoring, debugging, performance analysis, and optimization
- Experience with unit testing and functional testing best practices
- Experience with Git and code review process
- Confident in being hands-on from initial white-boarding, through prototyping, to building the final product
Benefits & Perks
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Equity in GrayMatter Robotics
- Flexible PTO
- Regular off-site events
- Discretionary funds for enhancing productivity
GrayMatter Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
GrayMatter Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
GrayMatter Robotics will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with periodic testing requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.