The UI/UX Designer will be closely working with our Engineering and Product Team. The candidate will be responsible for the aspects of a product's development that includes design, function, and branding.
- Bring a rich user experience to people operating physical robots in software with complex workflows
- Collaborate cross-functionally with some of the smartest people in the industry. Work closely with Front-End Engineers, Product Managers, Customer Success team, and Marketing Experts to champion the user experience in our application and ship high-quality work
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve our existing product
- Contribute to the overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Use data as a starting point for trying out new initiatives
- Conduct user research to get feedback on your work, use data and testing to improve your design
- Research, create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Working closely with your engineering and product partners, you'll have a large amount of ownership and autonomy across the entire design process; rather than just design individual features, you'll have the opportunity to define the end-to-end experience
- Other duties and projects
Skills / Qualifications
- 3 to 4 years of professional experience, ideally designing complex or enterprise-level software
- A great portfolio showcasing both web and mobile design projects
- A customer-centric mindset to understand, frame, and solve problems
- Ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- Expertise in Figma or other design and research tools
- Comfortable leading a large project with Product and Engineering
- Love tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals
- Be technically minded, and interested in code as the material digital products are made of
- Experience in following agile product development methodologies
- Excitement about envisioning the future of our customer experience
Benefits & Perks
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Equity in GrayMatter Robotics
- Flexible PTO
- Regular off-site events
- Discretionary funds for enhancing productivity
GrayMatter Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
GrayMatter Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
GrayMatter Robotics will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with periodic testing requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.