The Robotics Field Applications Engineer will be responsible for helping customers with initial setup, training, and ongoing support for our products. The responsibilities will include collecting customer requirements & feedback, working with internal engineering teams to improve the product, and identifying new opportunities within the customer account.
- Before the work cell is deployed, work with the customer to learn about the manufacturing process, including observing the current process, taking measurements, CAD, and machine documentation
- Work with mechanical and robotics engineers to design the work cell layout for a specific task, keeping in mind the robot's reachability and cycle time
- Make any necessary design modifications on the robot end-of-arm-tool and part fixtures by working with mechanical engineers, and get parts fabricated, assembled, and tested.
- Be on-site when work cell is delivered and assist in unboxing and setup
- Work with engineering and support firms
- Setup and test the work cell on the customer task which includes the ability to install, troubleshoot, and maintain control components such as proximity sensors, relays, and vacuum ejectors.
- Train customers on the use of the system.
Answer customer emails and phone calls on the use of the system.
- Make service calls to the customer when issues cannot be resolved over the phone.
- Work with the product and engineering teams to improve both the customer experience as well as the Field Application Engineer experience.
Skills / Qualifications
- 3+ years experience with manufacturing automation
- Effective communication skills and strong interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to solve technical problems effectively, efficiently, and independently
- Familiar with industrial facilities and equipment
- Ability to work with customers at their sites
Benefits & Perks
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Equity in GrayMatter Robotics
- Flexible PTO
- Regular off-site events
- Discretionary funds for enhancing productivity
GrayMatter Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
GrayMatter Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
GrayMatter Robotics will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with periodic testing requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.