Grayling is the UK’s best-connected communications agency. Headquartered in London, with nine offices across the UK and multiple offices around the world, we create advantage for our clients through insight-led campaigns that deliver tangible results.
Our teams’ skills are broad, ranging from consumer communications, corporate reputation and political engagement to design, digital and social media. And our culture is friendly, diverse and inclusive – we’re proud to be the winners of PRWeek’s ‘Best Places to Work’ award.
We work hard and we play hard, with team socials and benefits including 4pm Friday finishes, regular training workshops, a company pension scheme and discounted gym membership. We’re growing fast, winning pitches and looking for the best talent to join us.
Purpose of role
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced and ambitious marketer to develop, oversee and coordinate Grayling’s global marketing plan. As Global Marketing Lead (Associate Director level equivalent), this position will play a pivotal role in accelerating Grayling’s strong growth trajectory by helping the business to tell a more ambitious story to clients, prospects and future employees about how we create advantage for our network across the globe.
The successful candidate will join Grayling’s global growth team, leading a virtual team of experts from across the agency.
- Work with the Global CEO, Creative Director and Head of Growth to develop and execute a marketing strategy which helps to deliver Grayling’s business strategy for 2022 and beyond.
- Lead a virtual team built from our creative, growth and insight functions, and regional offices to execute day to day marketing activity including thought leadership, content development, in person and virtual events, media engagement, social and digital content, IP marketing and networking.
- Set the agency’s marketing objectives, including a new framework for measurement, with a focus on building brand reputation and lead generation. From there, set and execute the plan to deliver on these objectives.
- Input into evolution of Grayling’s brand identity, with a focus on purpose and employer brand.
- Review and set the direction of Grayling’s social strategy, including channel selection, content mix and calendar.
- Use marketing and thought leadership to drive greater connectivity and lead generation across the business, in partnership with market leads and the growth team.
- Ensure Grayling has greater presence in national, trade and regional media by positioning senior advisors and key spokespeople for media opportunities.
- Issue press releases following award wins, key hires and major announcements.
- A proven track record of leading marketing programmes for an agency or professional services firm, delivering greater connectivity, lead generation and revenue growth.
- Ability to project a global marketing programme.
- Possess a robust understanding of current and future integrated marketing concepts, strategy and best practice
- Adept at engaging and getting buy-in from senior stakeholders
- Strong copywriting skills
Our promises to you
- A highly competitive salary & benefits package.
- An exciting and dynamic working environment (in a newly refurbished, creative work space)
- An incredibly positive and supportive work culture driven purely by our values (curious, committed & connected).
- Regular team socials and early finish Fridays.
- An abundance of personal development opportunities, with courses ranging from writing, resilience, creativity and more!
- Flexible working arrangements (a hybrid approach)
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing by one day every year up to 30 days.
- New business and employee referral bonuses.
- Cycle to work scheme
- PRCA membership
- Health & wellbeing programmes
At Grayling, we recognise that to deliver the best work for our clients, we need a diverse range of perspectives and experiences. As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to ensuring best practice approaches to a diverse and inclusive recruitment process and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.