Grayling is an Integrated PR and communications agency with nine UK offices and global reach. Our core teams cover consumer brand marketing and corporate reputation management, public affairs, digital marketing and content creation. Our reach and varied expertise allows us to create real and tangible advantage for our clients.
We are incredibly proud to have recently won PRWeek’s ‘Best Places to Work 2021’ due to our open and supportive environment.
We are looking for a driven, hard-working, articulate and organised PR Senior Account Executive to join our communications team at Grayling London, working solely on one of the company’s biggest and most important clients.
The client is a world-leading technology brand, producing high-quality mobile phones and other premium lifestyle products. Our role is to work with the client globally on their consumer hardware business to take them to higher grounds.
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for managing the delivery of written content, media relations, client communications and sample management.
- Uses the full range of media, creativity and digital tools available and agreed internal processes to devise, review, evaluate and present progress on campaigns and projects, identify gaps and recommend improvements
- Builds and manages media and forward feature lists and recommends appropriate opportunities to target
- Conducts effective media sell ins & identifies most advantageous opportunities for client coverage
- Delivers insightful research driven by data and manages key new business assets which underpin proposals
- Communicates accurately and keeps the team and client informed on progress in accordance with agreed processes, ensuring expectations are managed and any issues are escalated in a timely fashion
- Delivers accurate written communications and can write a range of copy (internal/external) including: press releases, quotes, emails, status & contact reports, social media materials
- Builds trusted relationships with journalists and media professionals covering their specialism/client area and develops their external network
- Connects with colleagues from across the global Grayling network, leveraging opportunities to work together to enhance professional development and learning
- Pro-actively keeps up to date with client-specific media, industry and digital developments and seeks to apply this knowledge in their work
- Manages departmental administration and supports the team, ensuring internal processes are followed
- Understands the importance of and relationship between client service and profitability and works within the boundaries of budgets
- Strong writing skills with experience writing long form content and feature articles
- Strong client servicing skills
- Knowledge of consumer technology and the media landscape
- Organised with excellent time management skills
- Strong administrative and organisation skills
- Ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
- Supportive, inspiring and motivational team player
- Curious – a desire to learn, improve, apply new knowledge and develop self
- Personal drive and passion for the industry
- Self-aware and able to adapt personal style and approach to clients and team
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and recommend a practical response
- Experience in the B2C technology space is ideal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
OUR PROMISES TO YOU
- A highly competitive salary & benefits package.
- An exciting and dynamic working environment (in newly refurbed central London offices).
- An incredibly positive and supportive work culture driven purely by our values.
- Regular team socials and early finish Fridays.
- An abundance of personal development opportunities, with courses ranging from writing, resilience, creativity and more!
- Flexible working arrangements.
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing by one day every year up to 30 days.
- New business and employee referral bonuses.
- Cycle to work scheme
- PRCA membership
- Health & wellbeing programmes
At Grayling, we recognise that to deliver the best work for our clients, we need a diverse range of perspectives and experiences. As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to ensuring best practice approaches to a diverse and inclusive recruitment process and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.