We’re Grayling UK, a multi award-winning PR & Communications agency that truly creates advantage for our clients. We care passionately about our people too and we’re the proud winner of PR Week’s ‘Best Place to Work’ award. From consumer PR to crisis management – and literally everything in between - we help clients across the UK and around the world to build their brand, implement effective comms strategies and engage with their audiences better than ever before.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a corporate communications focused Account Manager to join our London based team, whereby you’ll be supporting our clients across a range of PR & PA activities.
The right candidate will be a strategic thinker – curious and knowledgeable about current affairs, politics and the media agenda, and able to make an impact for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have corporate communications, reputation management and/or public affairs experience gained in an agency or in-house environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to work quickly to tight deadlines are a must.
You’ll be well-organised in project management and collaborating to develop proactive, lasting client relationships. An eye for new business opportunities with clients and new business leads is also key.
- Utilises knowledge of media along with politics and policy development to maximise opportunities, promoting the range of PR services and Public Affairs strategies available to our clients
- Interprets and responds to client briefs, developing effective communication strategies using media expertise, creativity tools and data driven insights, resulting in creative solutions and strategic counsel for the benefit of the client
- Contributes to crisis management plans and provides support to senior consultants
- Creates news stories and builds media relationships that will deliver coverage, using the full range of approaches
- Contributes to new business solutions, leveraging previous relevant experience, specialist skills and knowledge while merchandising Grayling’s offer effectively
- Assists the senior management team in developing long term client satisfaction by engaging with client service programmes
- Monitors the media and political landscape for new opportunities to sell in additional Grayling products and services to clients to enhance revenue and profitability
- Understands and manages the relationship between client service and profitability, escalating any issues to the appropriate level
- Connects with colleagues from across the global Grayling network, leveraging opportunities to work together to enhance professional development and learning
- Manages personal and team time meticulously, identifying and resolving time based issues effectively as well as assisting junior staff in managing their workloads
- Seeks out training initiatives and learning opportunities to enhance personal and team development, keeping up to date with client-specific media, industry and digital developments and applying this knowledge in their work
- Manages and develops junior staff using the appropriate people management techniques, resolving or escalating issues promptly and fairly, and championing achievements
- Supports the senior team with meticulous management and delivery of all reporting and administration using the appropriate business processes
- Develops a personal network of internal and external industry contacts, identifying new business opportunities resulting from these contacts to the benefit of the Grayling business
- You could come from an agency background, inhouse or a think tank
- Strategic, independent, detail-oriented self-starter and a team player attitudes
- Strong understanding of both traditional and digital public relations, ideally coupled with an understanding of politics and political processes
- Highly analytical, can synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions.
- Digitally savvy
- Curious – a desire to learn, improve, apply new knowledge and develop self
- Strong communicator with the ability to effectively convey technical information.
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Commercially aware and decisive
- Confident networker
- Organised with excellent time management skills
- Personal drive and passion for the industry
- Self-aware and able to adapt personal style and approach to clients and team
- Ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and recommend a practical response
OUR PROMISES TO YOU
- A highly competitive salary & benefits package.
- An exciting and dynamic working environment
- An incredibly positive and supportive work culture driven purely by our values (curious, committed & connected).
- Regular team socials and early finish Fridays.
- An abundance of personal development opportunities, with courses ranging from writing, resilience, creativity and more!
- Flexible working arrangements.
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing by one day every year up to 30 days.
- New business and employee referral bonuses.
- Cycle to work scheme
- PRCA membership
- Health & wellbeing programmes
At Grayling, we recognise that to deliver the best work for our clients, we need a diverse range of perspectives and experiences. As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to ensuring best practice approaches to a diverse and inclusive recruitment process and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.