Ok, ok, so we know what you’re thinking; we’re a PR agency, not an ad agency — but hear us out.
Ad agencies often come up with great PR ideas, so we figured two can play that game.
That’s why we’ve invested heavily into our creative capability over the last couple of years, building a full-service design studio and setting up a number of creative teams in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve also recently won a global advertising account with one of the world’s biggest tech and social media brands, so we’re off to a fantastic start.
Now we’re on the hunt for exceptional creative talent to help us deliver for this client.
But that’s not all. We want ambitious, talented creatives who want to be part of building something special here at Grayling and produce some world-beating work while they’re at it.
Interested? Read on…
We are looking for an exceptional SENIOR COPYWRITER to work on a series exciting campaigns for one of the world’s biggest tech companies. We want people with passion, positive energy, and a can-do spirit. We’re especially looking for a copywriter with an interest in current affairs, politics and policy.
We lean towards those who have a point-of-view and aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty –this role is about the nitty gritty of copywriting and requires exceptional craft skills. We’re working on a multitude of assets across different formats, and we are using a transcreation agency in the rollout, so attention to detail and organisational skills are a must.
Show us your best work, the top 3-5 projects you’re most proud of. We want to see how you think and all the things you’ll bring to Grayling.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Working with strategists to craft messages targeted to a politically savvy audience.
- Writing headlines, body copy, and calls to action for primarily print, podcast and social assets.
- Working accurately and smartly at a very fast pace.
- Adhering to (and occasionally challenging) our client’s brand guidelines whilst keeping your copy compelling and ‘thumb-stopping’.
- Collaborating with other copywriters, art directors, designers and animators to deliver quality work, at pace.
- Presenting work to Grayling’s creative directors before sharing with the client.
- Responding to feedback from our client’s internal creative team.
- Collaborating with Account Managers and Project Managers to ensure copy is delivered on deadline.
- Conceptualising big idea campaigns.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Smart, resilient and positive.
- Has experience with Editorial writing as well as commercial writing, and is accustomed to building a narrative.
- Has experience working with transcreation specialists and keeping translation in mind when writing about a nuanced topics.
- Is comfortable with Google Docs and Slides, this is where we work.
- Has a keen interest in politics and public affairs.
- Has worked with companies that are not always viewed favourable by consumers.
- A legal or journalistic background would be a plus as would previous experience on fast-paced retail campaigns for the mobile or banking industry.
- Appreciation of sensitivities working with large, complex, regulated organisations.
- Is interested in learning to nurture junior talent.
- Has a collaborative work ethic and easy going nature.
- Has experience writing strategic copy.
- Takes constructive criticism with ease and grace.
- Has a naturally curious mind and passion for interactive media.
- Can juggle multiple projects and tasks at once.
- Is comfortable presenting their work to other creatives and marketing executives.
- Our diverse, global client would benefit from a team that reflects these values.
- 6+ years of experience in advertising agencies, brand-side creative departments, or in journalistic/PR writing.
- A portfolio of impressive and hard-hitting work that spans multiple channels and subject matters. We’re looking for something beyond consumer campaigns. Experience writing for a C-suite and political audience, whether editorially or commercially, is ideal.
OUR PROMISES TO YOU
- An exciting and dynamic working environment (in newly refurbed central London offices).
- An incredibly positive and supportive work culture driven purely by our values.
- Regular team socials and early finish Fridays.
- An abundance of personal development opportunities, with courses ranging from writing, resilience, creativity and more!
- Flexible working arrangements.
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing by one day every year up to 30 days.
- New business and employee referral bonuses.
- Cycle to work scheme
- PRCA membership
- Health & wellbeing programmes
At Grayling, we recognise that to deliver the best work for our clients, we need a diverse range of perspectives and experiences. As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to ensuring best practice approaches to a diverse and inclusive recruitment process and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.