We’re Grayling UK, a multi award-winning PR & Communications agency that truly creates advantage for our clients. We care passionately about our people too and we’re the proud winner of PR Week’s ‘Best Place to Work’ award. From consumer PR to crisis management – and literally everything in between - we help clients across the UK and around the world to build their brand, implement effective comms strategies and engage with their audiences better than ever before.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a dedicated Social Media Strategist to join Grayling and work solely on one of the company’s biggest and most important clients. The successful candidate will sit in the global social media team for one of the world’s most high-profile consumer technology brands and will be responsible for planning, developing and managing social strategies and frameworks, working alongside the social and studio teams to create innovative social-first creative campaigns.
The global social media channels, which are specifically for a leading mobile app store, speak to a young, internet-and-gaming obsessed audience. We’re looking for someone who can embody this brand identity, a digital native who is closely in tune with internet, social media and meme trends and has a passion for mobile gaming. Our tone of voice is tongue-in-cheek and geeky. Channels include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube. LinkedIn and Instagram.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Working with dedicated social and studio teams to lead and produce insight-driven strategies and creative storytelling campaigns routed in a deep understanding of the audience and how they engage online
- Responding to client briefs and developing solid social strategies in response, by undertaking thorough research, uncovering insights and working with the studio team to develop creative platforms and campaign/content ideas
- Driving overall social strategy, frameworks and creative social campaigns for the client based on your research and insights
- Reporting into the Director, collaborating with a team of talented social media managers, execs and creatives from our dedicated studio team
- Inspiring/upskilling the junior social team to think more strategically and demonstrating best practice
- Comfortable presenting to stakeholders across levels, presenting complex strategies and bringing people on the journey with you
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Seasoned in delivering social and content strategies, ideally with experience in large scale consumer technology brands or mobile tech.
- Breadth of digital marketing experience with deep experience in social media (organic and paid) is crucial
- 4-5 years’ experience in developing and executing social media strategies and campaigns within an organisation or agency
- Strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies, ability to lead social media campaigns from concept to execution
- As well as being passionate about digital innovation, the ideal candidate will be a keen gamer and ‘get’ internet culture and how to speak to a witty and internet-obsessed audience.
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of digital marketing platforms (e.g. Google Analytics), audience insight tools (e.g. GWI and/or equivalents) and native social media analytics (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn etc)
- Solid understanding of wider social media channels and emerging platforms and devising relevant strategies
- Ideally, though not essential, experience in influencer marketing strategies, campaign management and measurement
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills are a must
OUR PROMISES TO YOU
- A highly competitive salary & benefits package.
- An exciting and dynamic working environment
- An incredibly positive and supportive work culture driven purely by our values.
- Regular team socials and early finish Fridays.
- An abundance of personal development opportunities, with courses ranging from writing, resilience, creativity and more!
- Flexible working arrangements.
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing by one day every year up to 30 days.
- New business and employee referral bonuses.
- Cycle to work scheme
- PRCA membership
- Health & wellbeing programmes including discounted gym membership
At Grayling, we recognise that to deliver the best work for our clients, we need a diverse range of perspectives and experiences. As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to ensuring best practice approaches to a diverse and inclusive recruitment process and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.