ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Senior Account Director to join our growing Manchester agency. This is a pivotal hire will be responsible for assisting the Director and Team Lead by providing strategic counsel to clients, ensuring the team delivers excellent results for clients and taking a lead in driving business development initiatives.
- Takes a leadership role in delivering new business, leading new business initiatives and driving pipeline growth by proactively identifying and delivering opportunities for growth
- Resolves client issues and has clarity about desired outcomes
- Develops an understanding of client profitability supports Directors in ensuring client profitability across the team
- Develops the team and individuals using the appropriate people management techniques, empowering the team to achieve their full potential
- Develops a strong network across Grayling globally, leveraging opportunities to work together for commercial benefit and to enhance professional development and learning
- Builds an external network and proactively uses it to the benefit of Grayling
- Has a sharp business and PR acumen to quickly determine short and long term priorities for self and junior team members to ensure all client needs are met
- Experienced in managing and working on a diverse range of corporate and consumer accounts
- Strategic, analytical thinker with the initiative to see a program through from start to finish
- Strong understanding of both traditional and digital public relations
- Digitally savvy
- Curious – a desire to learn, improve, apply new knowledge and develop self
- Excellent grasp of clients’ marketplaces, audiences and routes to market
- Incisive, creative and strategic problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly commercially astute and decisive
- Confident networker
- Organised with ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
- Supportive, inspiring and motivational leader
- Personal drive and passion for the industry
- Self-aware and able to adapt personal style and approach to clients and team
- Calm and authoritative in response to issues or crisis
- You’ll exhibit Grayling’s values: Connected, Curious, Committed
WHAT TO EXPECT?
You can expect an energetic working environment in our Manchester office which is located in the Grade II listed Merchants Warehouse in Castlefield right next to the canal. Manchester forms half of ‘Grayling North’ with its sister office in Leeds, and there’s plenty of cross-office working and socialising so you’ll get to know the wider team quickly.
You’ll get great exposure to some major household names from the get-go. Our clients include HSBC, National Grid, BT, Yo! Sushi and First Bus.
In normal times we plan regular team socials to get out of the office and try something new, and we finish early on Fridays. Since the pandemic began, we’ve developed lots of great ways to stay connected. Other benefits include a competitive salary, flexible working, free fruit, a company pension scheme, discounted gyms and an increasing holiday scheme (starting at 25 up to 30 days).
We encourage personal development and will set out a clear career path for you. From day one you will be given autonomy and exposure to our interesting and varied clients. You’ll also be able to sign up to our range of training workshops, from writing courses to sessions on commercial finance, resilience, creativity and many more! Hosted around our office network, they’re also a great opportunity to meet colleagues from across the UK.
At Grayling, we recognise that to deliver the best work for our clients, we need a diverse range of perspectives and experiences. As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to ensuring best practice approaches to a diverse and inclusive recruitment process and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.