Based in Graying’s Engage practice, we’re looking for an Account Director, Senior Account Director or Associate Director (experience dependent to join us. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of engagement and communications activity. The Engage division works with clients in a range of sectors including property, regeneration, infrastructure and health, and is focused on delivering best-in-class community and stakeholder engagement.
You will have a collaborative approach to team management, leading by example and helping teams to deliver exceptional results. This role will be client-facing from day one, so you’ll have the confidence and gravitas to build a strong rapport with senior clients, stakeholders and colleagues quickly.
You will also have a good head for new business: identifying opportunities to grow existing client accounts; mining your network for new leads; participating in chemistry meetings; and contributing significantly to the production and delivery of new business proposals and pitches.
SKILLS & EXPEREINCE REQUIRED
- At least five years of experience delivering community and stakeholder engagement projects either in an agency or an in-house role
- Sharp business and community & stakeholder engagementacumen to quickly determine short and long-term priorities for self and junior team members to ensure all client needs are met
- Experienced in managing and working on a diverse range of sectors and accounts
- Strategic, analytical thinker with the initiative to see a programme through from start to finish
- Confident networker – adept at staying in touch with key decision makers and contacts
- Ability to digest and organise large volumes of information quickly, and stay abreast of ever-changing political and social developments that may affect client wor
- Strong understanding of workings of both traditional PR and PA
- Experience delivering integrated campaigns
- Curious – a desire to learn, improve, apply new knowledgeand develop self
- Excellent grasp of clients’ marketplaces, audiencesand routes to market
- Incisive, creativeand strategic problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly commercially astute and decisive
- Organised with ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
- Supportive, inspiringand motivational leader
- Self-aware and able to adapt personal style and approach to clients and team
- Calm and authoritative in response to issues or crisis
- Digitally savvy
OUR PROMISES TO YOU
- A highly competitive salary & benefits package.
- An exciting and dynamic working environment (in newly refurbed central London offices).
- An incredibly positive and supportive work culture driven purely by our values.
- Regular team socials and early finish Fridays.
- An abundance of personal development opportunities, with courses ranging from writing, resilience, creativity and more!
- Flexible working arrangements.
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing by one day every year up to 30 days.
- New business and employee referral bonuses.
- Cycle to work scheme
- PRCA membership
- Health & wellbeing programmes
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please apply by sending us your CV, ideally along with a covering letter detailing why you'd love to work at Grayling. If successful, you will be invited to attend a first stage interview with a couple of our team members.
At Grayling, we recognise that to deliver the best work for our clients, we need a diverse range of perspectives and experiences. As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to ensuring best practice approaches to a diverse and inclusive recruitment process and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.