The global Public Affairs and Communications Consultancy, Grayling, is seeking to bolster its current EU Public Affairs team by hiring an experienced Manager to grow its Agri-Food Practice. They will be responsible for overseeing several client accounts and projects, independently or under the leadership of the Head of the Practice. His/her role would involve managing client requests autonomously and providing added value in both client and team meetings.
The successful candidate should:
- Have a strong knowledge of the EU food policy framework, able to provide detailed PA/PR strategic advice, ensure client satisfaction and obtain the desired results for the clients’ business.
- Be able to manage junior staff.
- Be able to support the Head of Practice on new business development, identifying new business opportunities and developing new business proposals as well as marketing initiatives aimed at growing the practice.
- Feel comfortable in liaising with external stakeholders on behalf of Grayling and clients and in representing Grayling in outside fora.
Skills & Experience - The candidate must have:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in PA (internships excluded); previous experience in a consultancy is a plus.
- A thorough understanding of European policies and the workings of the EU institutions;
- Strong expertise (including past working experience) in EU food policies, including on most of the following topics: CAP, food labelling, food packaging, food safety, novel foods, animal welfare, food composition & reformulation.
- Excellent overall communication skills including writing, oral, and presentation skills;
- A proven track record in lobbying and/or advocacy vis à vis the EU institutions.
Personal qualities - The candidate must:
- Have good organizational and project management skills;
- Be a team player, with a hands-on and solutions-driven work attitude;
- Have good interpersonal skills;
- Be able to take initiatives and demonstrate pro-activeness;
- Be native or fluent in English; fluency in other EU languages also desirable;
- Be able to multi-task and work under pressure; and
- Be at ease when working in a multi-national team.
What are we offering in return?
- Be part of an award-winning team of 20+ consultants in Brussels and work alongside the Graying PA network, the largest in Europe, with +100 PA colleagues;
- The chance to work for an exciting range of brands and organisations;
- An exciting and challenging role, with personal development and further career opportunities.
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com by the deadline of 30 August 2021. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and therefore early applications are encouraged. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.