We are looking for excellent communicators, team players, creative thinkers and naturally curious individuals to join our award-winning Corporate and B2B PR team as Account Manager. Based in Central London, you would be working across a variety of sectors including technology, healthcare, consumer brands, professional and financial services, public sector and community engagement.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of effective and creative PR solutions which surprise and delight Grayling’s clients by building strong relationships with the media and client teams and by managing internal teams and processes skilfully.
- Utilises knowledge of traditional and digital media to maximise PR opportunities, promoting the range of PR services available to clients, managing and supporting the Account Executive/Senior Account Executive in the delivery of their roles
- Interprets and responds to client briefs and develops effective communication strategies using media expertise, creativity tools and data driven insights, resulting in creative solutions and advice for the benefit of the client
- Contributes to crisis management plans and provides support to senior consultants
- Creates news stories and builds media relationships that will deliver coverage, using the full range of approaches
- Contributes to new business solutions, leveraging previous relevant experience, specialist skills and knowledge while merchandising Grayling’s offer effectively
- Assists the senior management team in developing long term client satisfaction by engaging with client service programmes
- Monitors the media landscape for new opportunities to sell in additional Grayling products and services to clients to enhance revenue and profitability
- Understands and manages the relationship between client service and profitability, escalating any issues to the appropriate level
- Connects with colleagues from across the global Grayling network, leveraging opportunities to work together to enhance professional development and learning
- Manages personal and team time meticulously, identifying and resolving time based issues effectively as well as assisting junior staff in managing their workloads
- Seeks out training initiatives and learning opportunities to enhance personal and team development, keeping up to date with client-specific media, industry and digital developments and applying this knowledge in their work
- Manages and develops junior staff using the appropriate people management techniques, resolving or escalating issues promptly and fairly, and championing achievements
- Supports the senior team with meticulous management and delivery of all reporting and administration using the appropriate business processes
- Develops a personal network of internal and external industry contacts, identifying new business opportunities resulting from these contacts to the benefit of the Grayling business
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of both traditional and digital public relations
- Digitally savvy
- Curious – a desire to learn, improve, apply new knowledge and develop self
- Excellent grasp of clients’ marketplaces, audiences and routes to market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Commercially aware and decisive
- Confident networker
- Organised with excellent time management skills
- Supportive, inspiring and motivational team player
- Personal drive and passion for the industry
- Self-aware and able to adapt personal style and approach to clients and team
- Ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and recommend a practical response
Grayling is the UK’s best-connected communications agency. With nine offices across the UK and 70 offices around the world, we create advantage for our clients through insight-led campaigns that deliver tangible results.
Our teams’ skills are broad, ranging from consumer communications, corporate reputation and political engagement to design, digital and social media. And our culture is friendly, diverse and inclusive – we’re proud to be one of PRWeek’s ‘Best Places to Work’.
We work hard and we play hard, with team socials and benefits including 4pm Friday finishes, regular training workshops, a company pension scheme and discounted gym membership. And we’re growing fast, winning pitches and looking for the best talent to join us.
Find out more at grayling.com.
The employee is expected to exhibit Grayling’s values: Curious, Connected, Committed
How can I apply?
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please apply by sending us your CV along with a cover letter detailing why you'd love to work at Grayling. If successful, you will be invited to attend a first stage interview with a couple of our team members.
Grayling is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all backgrounds. We highly value diversity at our company.