We are looking for excellent communicators, team players, creative thinkers and naturally curious individuals to join our award-winning Corporate and B2B PR team as Senior Account Executive. Based in Central London, you would be working across a variety of sectors including technology, healthcare, consumer brands, professional and financial services, public sector and community engagement.
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for delivering excellent day-to-day client work, playing a key support role within the team and ensuring that work is delivered on multiple accounts of various sizes.
- Utilises knowledge of traditional and digital media to maximise PR opportunities, promoting the range of PR services available to clients
- Uses the full range of media, creativity and digital tools available and agreed internal processes to devise, review, evaluate and present progress on campaigns and projects, identify gaps and recommend improvements in consultation with the Account Manager
- Builds and manages media and forward feature lists and recommends appropriate opportunities to target
- Conducts effective media sell ins & identifies most advantageous opportunities for client coverage
- Delivers insightful research driven by data and manages key new business assets which underpin proposals
- Communicates accurately and keeps the team and client informed on progress in accordance with agreed processes, ensuring expectations are managed and any issues are escalated in a timely fashion
- Delivers accurate written communications and can write a range of copy (internal/external) including: press releases, quotes, emails, status & contact reports, social media materials
- Manages departmental administration and supports the team, ensuring internal processes are followed
- Builds and manages top-tier media relationships
- Assists in the new business process including idea contribution, research and proposal preparation
- Supervises junior staff
- Contributes to the creation of PR plans
- Interprets and responds to client briefs and develops effective communication strategies using media expertise, creativity tools and data driven insights, resulting in creative solutions and advice for the benefit of the client
- Monitors the media landscape for new opportunities to sell in additional Grayling products and services to clients to enhance revenue and profitability
- Supports the senior team with meticulous management and delivery of all reporting and administration using the appropriate business processes
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of both traditional and digital public relations
- Digitally savvy
- Curious – a desire to learn, improve, apply new knowledge and develop self
- Excellent grasp of clients’ marketplaces, audiences and routes to market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Commercially aware and decisive
- Confident networker
- Organised with excellent time management skills
- Supportive, inspiring and motivational team player
- Personal drive and passion for the industry
- Self-aware and able to adapt personal style and approach to clients and team
- Ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and recommend a practical response
Grayling is the UK’s best-connected communications agency. With nine offices across the UK and 70 offices around the world, we create advantage for our clients through insight-led campaigns that deliver tangible results.
Our teams’ skills are broad, ranging from consumer communications, corporate reputation and political engagement to design, digital and social media. And our culture is friendly, diverse and inclusive – we’re proud to be one of PRWeek’s ‘Best Places to Work’.
We work hard and we play hard, with team socials and benefits including 4pm Friday finishes, regular training workshops, a company pension scheme and discounted gym membership. And we’re growing fast, winning pitches and looking for the best talent to join us.
Find out more at grayling.com.
The employee is expected to exhibit Grayling’s values: Curious, Connected, Committed
How can I apply?
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please apply by sending us your CV along with a cover letter detailing why you'd love to work at Grayling. If successful, you will be invited to attend a first stage interview with a couple of our team members.
Grayling is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all backgrounds. We highly value diversity at our company.