We have an exciting opportunity for a tenacious and ambitious Consumer PR person to join our growing London team, working across a diverse range of clients in the consumer tech, food and drink, entertainment, consumer finance and lifestyle sectors. The Senior Account Director is responsible for assisting the Director and Team Lead by providing strategic counsel to clients, ensuring the team delivers excellent results for clients and taking a lead in driving business development initiatives.
- Takes a leadership role in delivering new business, leading new business initiatives and driving pipeline growth by proactively identifying and delivering opportunities for growth
- Resolves client issues and has clarity about desired outcomes
- Develops an understanding of client profitability supports Directors in ensuring client profitability across the team
- Develops the team and individuals using the appropriate people management techniques, empowering the team to achieve their full potential
- Develops a strong network across Grayling globally, leveraging opportunities to work together for commercial benefit and to enhance professional development and learning
- Builds an external network and proactively uses it to the benefit of Grayling
A range of account and budget responsibilities in local markets, with some international account relationships. Likely to manage senior client relationships on a regular basis. Likely to manage 1 – 5 employees either as line or operational manager.
Internal – account team and other department members, colleagues across the business including international, up to and including CEO level
External – holds key day-to-day client relationships, journalists and media professionals, suppliers, professional bodies
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Has sharp business and PR acumen to quickly determine short and long term priorities for self and junior team members to ensure all client needs are met
- Experienced in managing and working on a diverse range of accounts
- Strategic, analytical thinker with the initiative to see a program through from start to finish
- Strong understanding of both traditional and digital public relations
- Digitally savvy
- Curious – a desire to learn, improve, apply new knowledge and develop self
- Excellent grasp of clients’ marketplaces, audiences and routes to market
- Incisive, creative and strategic problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly commercially astute and decisive
- Confident networker
- Organised with ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
- Supportive, inspiring and motivational leader
- Personal drive and passion for the industry
- Self-aware and able to adapt personal style and approach to clients and team
- Calm and authoritative in response to issues or crisis
Who we are?
Grayling UK is a PR and communications agency with global reach. Our core teams cover consumer brand marketing and corporate reputation management, public affairs, public sector, digital marketing and content creation, crisis support, consultation and stakeholder engagement services. We have a great bunch of people across our nine regional offices, from Southampton to Edinburgh.
We are incredibly proud to have recently been chosen as PRWeek’s ‘Best Places to Work’ and value our open and supportive environment.
What can you expect?
You can expect an exciting and dynamic working environment and our culture is driven by our values, which are to be Curious, Connected and Committed. We have regular team socials and finish early on Fridays.
We encourage personal development. From day one you will be given autonomy and exposure to our interesting and varied clients. You’ll also be able to sign up to our range of training workshops, from writing courses to sessions on commercial finance, resilience, creativity and many more!
How can I apply?
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please apply by sending us your CV and a cover letter. If successful, you will be invited to attend a first stage interview with two of our team members.
Grayling is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all backgrounds. We highly value diversity at our company.