We're looking for a talented Sr Multimedia Designer to support our digital team on the design conception and final output on one of the agency's flagship global tech clients.
The Sr Multimedia Designer will work closely with the Art Director and ACD on both retainer work and new campaign proposals, therefore we are looking for a great storyteller and hands on talented designer – someone who is able to visualise clearly his creative vision. We are also very keen to find someone strongly passionate about tech, innovation, film and photography.
The role requires developing bespoke ideas in support of major launches and brand activations across the year and also to support the retainer team, therefore skills on motion design, photoshop, illustration and branding are mandatory skills. Furthermore you'll be a fluent Mandarin speaker.
The nature of the job is extremely well-rounded and you will be expected to work in areas as diverse as digital content creation, motion graphics, UX & responsive design, branding and editing. We’re a fast-paced team where you should be prepared to switch tasks as priorities change.
You’ll work closely with the Art Director, Creative Lead and PM, and ultimately will be overseen by the Creative Director to collaborate on work and prioritise your tasks.
We want you to work well as a team to keep refining the brand and taking it to new places.
You are expected to be a team player, to mentor our Mw. Designer (with the help of the Creative Lead), to be independent and a great communicator.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate social media knowledge and passion - in terms of what makes great design content across social channels.
Needs to demonstrate a passion and flair for creativity and bring energy, charisma and team spirit to the role. A previous experience producing design materials for global brands and campaigns at a hub level is ideal.
The Sr. Multimedia Designer needs to have at least 5+ years agency experience. Must be able to demonstrate they are capable of producing great work under pressure and be ready to step up to the next level.
- Design and create assets for our social team including:
motion graphics, illustrations, branding, assisting in the creation of video content, designing templates, layout across multiple platforms
- Work with stakeholders to create and present concept boards and storyboards.
- Test designs across multiple formats and devices.
- Make sure that assets can quickly be repurposed, cutting down on future design time.
- Adapt artwork based on existing creative and feedback from internal stakeholders.
- Art direct, review, retouch and feedback on video and photography shoots.
- Work independently, but also alongside existing creative teams within the business, which will respond with great mentoring
- Listen and respond to briefs and identify new opportunities
- Assuring the quality and presentation of creative work across all channels. Internally presenting work coherently and persuasively with global implementation in mind; expressing ideas in a form that clients can buy.
- Overseeing and mentoring Jr. members of the creative team, while the Creative Director will support their project roles and monitor their individual career development.
- Working collaboratively every day with the global team.
- Hands-on creatively.
- Driving a positive team culture, remaining calm and positive at all times.
- Passionate about storytelling, visual communication and creating engaging experiences all on a global scale.
- Hands-on attitude and keen to make a positive impact on our team, our work and our clients.
- A fluent Mandarin speaker
- Extensive global-local experience within tech, mobile phones, photography and consumer product sectors.
- Ambition to produce award-winning work and strive for the highest creative standards.
- Ability to think creatively against demanding deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Proven success rationalising concepts and effectively selling internally
- Solid understanding and appreciation for the distinction between creative expression and commercial production reality.
- You’re up with the latest design trends, both on and off the digital environment.
- You’re bold and original. You’re constantly asking questions, pushing digital boundaries and you can articulate your ideas with the rest of the team.
- You’re meticulously detailed and thorough attitude to your work.
- Ability to accept critical feedback and respond accordingly.
- A degree in Visual Communication or moving Image is ideal.
- A portfolio showcasing strong design skills, considered use of typography and creative ideas.
- Storyboarding, illustration skills and Adobe After Effect are mandatory.
- Able to perform well under pressure and prepared to put in the hours when a project requires it
Who we are?
Grayling is an global integrated communications agency. Our core teams cover consumer brand marketing and corporate reputation management, public affairs, public sector, digital marketing and content creation, crisis support, consultation and stakeholder engagement services.
Policies and procedures
The employee is expected to uphold, safeguard and promote the organisation's values and philosophies relating particularly to ethics, environment, people and community as referenced in the Grayling company guidelines.