We're looking for a talented Associate Creative Director with an art background to support and grow our team in social media campaign conception for one of the agency's flagship global tech clients. The successful candidate should also have deep experience working with, directing, and managing a team consisting of art, design and copy specialists.
We are looking for a self-starter motivated individual who can inspire and engage the rest of the team, as well as the client. Someone strong. A confident presenter and a great storyteller who can elevate the team to the next level.
The role is mostly senior guidance and conceptual support, providing mentoring support and guidance, and client interaction – and so it is critical that the ACD can be seen as a creative powerhouse; being patient and understanding with clients, and convincing and persuading to help of amazing concepts.
There are no divas in our team – we are a sleeves-rolled-up, all-hands-on-deck kind of team. We want individuals that will challenge and push the brief and get others excited about the journey a brief can take them on, then make it happen. We are very keen to find someone strongly passionate about tech, innovation, film and photography. We are a fast-paced team where you should be prepared to switch tasks as priorities change.
We want you to work well as a team to keep refining the brand and taking it to new places.
You are expected to be a team player, independent, and a great communicator and leader. You will be part of a larger Studio team that is based across HK and London, and you will manage and mentor a team of five based in HK while reporting into the CD/Head of Studio based in London. You will guide and support their career development, oversee their quality of work, inspire and motivate them, and ensure the sustainability of our high performing of the Studio team.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate social media knowledge and passion - in terms of what makes great concepts and content across social channels. Needs to demonstrate a passion and flair for creativity and bring energy, charisma and team spirit to the role. Previous experience working on global brands/campaigns at a hub level, and working within the Social Media/PR environments are ideal.
- Develop concepts, strategies, client presentations, from start to finish – in collaboration with Social Media / PR teams
- Deep understanding of client’s target audience groups
- Expressing ideas in a form that clients can buy
- Direct the design of creative materials/assets
- Manage brand/message identity and consistency
- Lead and participate in brainstorms
- Listen and respond to briefs; identify new opportunities
- Relish diving into any stage of the creative process to assist, encourage or recover the work of others
- Have your finger on the pulse of current trends in the world of design / art / fashion / creativity / culture and bring that information and enthusiasm for popular culture into the design studio everyday
- Know when to stand up for your creative vision and when to support the opinions of your peers or clients
- 100% Media neutral - Social, Mobile, Film, Digital, Strategy, Experiential, PR, Stunts, OOO, BTL, DM, Retail, Innovation, Branding & Identity.
- Working collaboratively, hands-on creatively and driving a positive team culture, remaining calm and positive at all times
- Presenting to clients; building client relationships
- Support CD/Head of Studio in managing the Studio team
- Evaluating performance and goals of Studio team members in the UK
- Effectively trilingual in Mandarin (with the client), Cantonese (with the HK team), and English (with the London team).
- Strong entrepreneurial attitude. Self-starter attitude with a desire to learn.
- Experience inspiring a creative and content team in an international agency environment.
- Passionate about storytelling, visual communication and creating engaging social media experiences all on a global scale.
- A talent spotter with strong relationships with other freelance designers and contributors.
- A self-driven leader with a curious mind and zero ego.
- Highly motivated and able to thrive in both large-scale collaborative environments as well as independently.
- Hands-on attitude and keen to make a positive impact on our team, our work and our clients.
- Ambition to produce award-winning work and strive for the highest creative standards.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, against demanding deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Proven success rationalising concepts and effectively selling to the stakeholders.
- Solid understanding and appreciation for the distinction between creative expression and commercial production reality.
- You’re bold and original. You’re constantly asking questions, pushing digital boundaries and you can articulate your ideas with the rest of the team.
- Ability to accept critical feedback and respond accordingly.
- Able to perform well under pressure and prepared to put in the hours when a project requires it
Who we are?
Grayling is a global integrated communications agency. Our core teams cover consumer brand marketing and corporate reputation management, public affairs, public sector, digital marketing and content creation, crisis support, consultation and stakeholder engagement services.