We are looking for an experienced Technical Artist (Art Focus) to help define & build art tools, processes, pipelines (both in UE & outside), and who is willing to embrace critique, share processes and techniques while maintaining a high level of quality. You will work closely with many disciplines across the team in order to help meet the needs for gameplay while balancing artistic goals.
What You'll Do:
- RnD & collaborate with Artists on technical challenges
- Create custom tools for Artists (character & environment)
- Help define & build Art focus tools, automation, processes, & pipelines (both in UE & outside)
- Automation/handling & optimization of art assets
Ideally You'll Have:
- Understanding of UE lighting, lighting layers, and associated systems so we can start to develop stronger control over how our game assets are lit
- Advanced Knowledge of shaders in UE4/5 + Heavy HLSL knowledge
- Advanced Knowledge of the UE Rendering Pipeline
- Optimization Knowledge in UE (LODs, Nanite, Clustering, packing)
- Tool creation knowledge in UE and outside of it
- 5+ years of game development experience in a Senior or Principal Technical Artist role (Art Focus)
- Shipped multiple titles in a senior or principal role
- Proficiency in Maya or other 3D package
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine and the capacity to contribute to the development of a Technical Art (Art Focus) Pipeline
- Demo reel or portfolio showcasing your work
- Experience with tech animation tools, rigging, processes, pipeline (UE & Maya)
- Experience with handling of mocap data
- Understanding of how to code with C++ for UE
- Understanding of how to script with Angel Script for UE
What You’ll Get:
- The base pay for this role is $150,000 to $190,000 USD per year and is applicable to US-based employees only. We pay fairly across our global team regardless of your location but it will differ based on factors such as experience, qualifications etc.
- In addition to the base pay, we offer profit sharing and company equity to all employees, regardless of location
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision plans
- Employer sponsored basic life insurance & AD&D
- 401k retirement program
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited PTO and sick time
- Paid parental leave
Some benefits listed, such as the 401k plan for employees in the United States, may vary depending on your employee status and location.
Where You'll Work:
- This position is for US and Canadian residents. We have an office in California if you like to come to an office, but most employees work from home across different US time zones and that’s totally fine.