We are looking for a motivated, passionate, and highly skilled Principal VFX Artist to join our growing team. You’ll have the opportunity to spearhead the visual effects of our first IP - everything from concept to creation to implementation.
As our first VFX artist, you’ll be responsible for establishing the look of our game's VFX, the pipeline, processes, and the team needed to create the visual effects that will continue to define our art style.
What You'll Do:
- Create beautiful visual effects to be used in real-time game assets
- Work closely with the Art Director to help keep quality and style consistent across all environments.
- Represent VFX in art review sessions and communicate feedback to the team as needed.
- Collaborate with the art team under the Art Director’s guidance to define priority, scope of work, etc.
- Mentor junior members of the team, fostering a supportive and inclusive environment.
- Write clear, concise documentation and provide training to ensure the team understands and can effectively use the VFX pipeline and tools.
Ideally You'll Have:
- 5+ years of game development experience in a Senior or Principal VFX role
- Shipped multiple titles in a senior or principal role
- Proficiency in Maya or other 3D package
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine and the capacity to contribute to the development of a VFX pipeline.
- Demo reel or portfolio showcasing your work
- A dynamic work ethic with a focus on collaboration and adaptability.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across multiple locations.
What You’ll Get:
- The base pay for this role is $150,000 to $190,000 USD per year and is applicable to US-based employees only. The base pay will vary depending on specific location (e.g. working remotely in Canada vs US, experience, qualifications, etc.)
- In addition to the base pay, we offer profit sharing and company equity to all employees, regardless of location
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision plans
- Employer sponsored basic life insurance & AD&D
- 401k retirement program
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited PTO and sick time
- Paid parental leave
Some benefits listed, such as the 401k plan for employees in the US, may vary depending on your employee status and location.
Where You'll Work:
- This position is for US and Canadian residents. We have an office in California if you like to come to an office, but most employees work from home across different US time zones and that’s totally fine.