Due to our rapid growth, Grata is looking for an entrepreneurial Commercial Strategy and Operations Lead to help drive the scalability and repeatability across our sales team. As a part of our fast-growing sales team, you should be a firm believer in our unique product offering and take a consultative approach in developing the sales strategy, processes and tools required to support our expansion.
About the Role
Partner with Sales leadership, the broader Sales, Marketing, CS and Product teams to drive the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales team. Responsibilities include resource planning, go-to-market analysis, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization and enablement, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration.
- Assist in core operational tasks, including compensation plan design, account assignments, process design and documentation, and systems selection, upgrade and evolution
- Lead the annual fiscal year planning activities including headcount planning, sales territory design, and communication to teams
- Lead high priority sales initiatives, including org structure, goal setting, quota setting, sales incentive design, market segmentation, and annual strategic planning.
- Develop and implement regular reporting of key performance metrics including forecasting, funnel analysis, and pipeline management.
- actionable insight on the sales business, people, and process.
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders including Sales, Legal, business units, Marketing and Finance.
- Direct complex projects across the company such as price and packaging strategy, customer migration initiatives, and advancements in data & analytics capabilities.
- Evolve sales reporting and other meaningful internal intelligence to drive both cadence based reporting and ad-hoc deep dives, with a goal of discovering and highlighting actionable insights, developing recommendations to improve business performance, and driving resulting actions through to fruition.
- Determine go-to-market approaches and structures for existing and new target market segments
- Conduct and enable regular business reviews and resource planning
- Define, manage, and provide insights on key performance metrics
- Develop and execute initiatives designed to optimize sales team efficiency and productivity
- Design workflows and playbooks to enable the sales team within our client end markets
- Oversee implementation of enabling systems and tools, working closely with internal systems teams
Our Commercial Strategy & Operations leader is a key member of the Sales leadership team, contributing to both the existing productivity of the team and the near term scalability of our sales efforts.
- 3+ years of experience in broad sales operations role for a SaaS company or strategy consulting role
- You have led or contributed to key sales development initiatives and provided considerable insight into target markets, enablement and commercial strategy
- You’re familiar with the shortcomings of our competitors and you believe in our product
- You have collaborated with multiple departments across an organization; actively working to maintain and enhance cross-functional partnerships and processes
- You Interpret and present commercial and business performance data intuitively, and make informed deductions based on intricacies of client knowledge and operational data
- Strong organization skills that exhibit your high standards in terms of timeliness, responsiveness and follow-up
- You’ve been part of fast growing team with high velocity sales, short sales cycles and rapidly growing client base
Grata is the first search engine for company discovery, providing a single source of truth to find small to middle market private companies. We are developing cutting-edge search technology leveraging NLP and ML to automate the B2B research process on millions of small and medium businesses in the U.S. We’ve recently experienced significant growth and raised capital from top investors who built Google and transformed the finance industry.
Grata is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. Grata welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background.