- At Grata, we are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer with a strong engineering and systems designs skillset. We are looking for someone who has built performant search systems and is excited about building a cutting edge private company search engine. With strong engineering knowhow, great system designs and product vision, they will push our search technology forward and drive even more value for our enterprise users.
About the Role:
- Drive technical design and implementation of our search and data processing infrastructure
- Collaboration with ML+NLP researchers to build new search methods, pipelines, and infrastructure
- Scale search pipelines to billions of documents that drive millions of searches
- Experiment with end to end improvements from new search interfaces to data storage designs
- Deploy and tune search algorithms, ranking systems, evaluation methods
- Expand and scale our search systems and data model
- Mentor other engineers on the team through activities like pairing and code reviews to promote a culture of technical excellence
- Collaborate with other teams across Grata to steward a coordinated strategy in a high growth environment
- Work in a distributed architecture with APIs, and event driven architecture
- Ship well designed, tested production code
- 5+ years of experience developing with search technologies, developing large scale data pipelines and scalable infrastructure
- Experience architecting search products and managing search infrastructure
- Experience with Python, Flask, Postgres, NoSQL, AWS, Kubernetes, NLP, Spark, and other big data technologies.
- Experience planning projects and managing team-wide efforts to completion
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture
- NYC based or willing to relocation - M, Tu, Th in office + W, F remote
Good to have:
- Deep experience with search technologies like Elasticsearch, Solr, etc
- Deep experience with vectorization technologies
- Experience collaborating with ML practitioners to build data and analytical systems
Grata is the first search engine for company discovery, providing a single source of truth to find small to middle market private companies. We are developing cutting-edge search technology leveraging NLP and ML to automate the B2B research process on millions of small and medium businesses in the U.S. We’ve recently experienced significant growth and raised capital from top investors who built Google and transformed the finance industry.
Grata is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. Grata welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background.