- At Grata, we are looking for an experienced Data Engineer with a strong engineering skillset. We are looking for someone who is excited about building a cutting edge private company search engine, with previous experience working with big data technologies who is excited about the product we're building and problems we're looking to solve.
About the Role:
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, recommend system modifications, and help develop new tools and processes on our Data Engineering squad
- Collaborate with other teams across Grata to steward a coordinated strategy in a high growth environment
- Work in a distributed architecture with APIs, and event driven architecture
- Ship well designed, tested production code
- 1-3 years of experience, preferably working in a technical role managing and manipulating large data sets, such as ETL, data warehousing, analytics, etc.
- Experience with Python, Flask, Postgres, NoSQL, AWS, Kubernetes, NLP, Spark, and other big data technologies.
- Experience planning projects and managing team-wide efforts to completion
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture
- NYC based and comfortable with a flexible hybrid work environment, we work in-office Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays
Grata is the first search engine for company discovery, providing a single source of truth to find small to middle market private companies. We are developing cutting-edge search technology leveraging NLP and ML to automate the B2B research process on millions of small and medium businesses in the U.S. We’ve recently experienced significant growth and raised capital from top investors who built Google and transformed the finance industry.
When we find the right person, we strive to put our best foot forward with an offer we hope you find compelling. Actual compensation packages at the time of offers are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including, but not limited to: what you’d like to be paid, the skills/experience you bring and any role-dependent factors such as software expertise, what similar jobs pay in the NYC area, and our commitment to equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with. The compensation range for this role is targeted at $100,000-$140,000, plus equity. Transparency is a core value at Grata, and we welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.
Grata is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. Grata welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background.