Graphite Bio is a clinical-stage, next-generation gene editing company harnessing high efficiency targeted gene integration to develop a new class of therapies to potentially cure a wide range of serious and life-threatening diseases. Graphite Bio is pioneering a precision gene editing approach that could enable a variety of applications to transform human health through its potential to achieve one of medicine’s most elusive goals: to precisely “find & replace” any gene in the genome. Graphite Bio’s platform allows it to precisely correct mutations, replace entire disease-causing genes with normal genes or insert new genes into predetermined, safe locations. The company was co-founded by academic pioneers in the fields of gene editing and gene therapy, including Maria Grazia Roncarolo, M.D., and Matthew Porteus, M.D., Ph.D.
The Head of Supply Chain will be responsible for designing and executing our supply chain plans and managing our supply partners that support our autologous cell therapy treatments derived through ex-vivo gene editing. In this role, you will be an integral member of the CMC team which serves to define and execute the strategies to deliver Graphite’s treatments to patients. The scope of the role is end-to-end supply chain management ensuring supply of all critical raw materials and reagents to enable robust manufacturing. The scope includes working with our partners that deliver critical components of our cell and gene therapy treatments, as well as our drug product manufacturing and distribution partners. As we proceed deeper into clinical development toward commercialization, this role will architect the end-to-end supply chain partnerships and processes to ensure robust delivery and access for the patients we intend to serve globally.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate to develop our clinical and commercial supply strategies. Design our Supply Chain processes or improve the existing ones
- Build a team of supply chain experts in the future to deliver clinical products in alignment with the company goals and objectives
- Align with stakeholders to define and implement fit for purpose supply chain processes and IT systems
- Be an external face from Graphite to develop key supply partnerships
- Drive the supply chain performance & compliance:
- Identify areas for improvements, including elements that effect quality attributes critical to Graphite products, and overall patient treatment delivery timelines
- Identify and implement COGs reduction steps
- Collaborate with suppliers to continuously improve quality, delivery performance, and cost
- Ensure overall cGMP compliance in collaboration with the Quality organization
What You Will Bring:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in pharmaceutical supply chain. Experience in managing the complexity of cell-based products is highly desirable
- Experienced leader, with a passion for building effective teams in the pursuit of bringing innovative medicines to patients. Must enjoy collaboration and teamwork
- Experience across supply chain disciplines including distribution and cold chain, warehousing, planning, and scheduling, and ERP system use / implementation
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Data-driven and a continuous improvement mindset
- Strategic leader and is able to balance short term objectives and long term need for building a robust supply chain to deliver complex treatments to patients
What Graphite Will Bring:
At Graphite Bio, we are intentionally building a community that is inspired, diverse, and curious. For this role, and all roles, we seek someone who is:
- Determined. You share our mission to bring curative gene editing to patients. And you know the need is urgent.
- People-focused. You prioritize relationships. You value differences and are an excellent listener.
- Adaptable. You seek solutions, even when things change. You prefer to find your way to “yes!”
Graphite Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that our strength is in our differences. Our goal to build a diverse and inclusive team began on day one, and it will never end.
All company employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received all recommended doses in their primary series COVID-19 vaccine. Requests for an accommodation/exemption for medical or religious reasons, as well as under applicable state law, will be considered on a case-by-case basis consistent with applicable law.