Graphika empowers the world to understand and navigate the Cybersocial Terrain. We create large-scale, in-depth maps of social media landscapes and conversations to discover how communities form online and how influence and information flow within large scale networks. Our interdisciplinary team uses our unique, patented set of technologies and tools to create and apply new, rigorous analytical methods to answer difficult questions about online conversations.
About the Role
Graphika seeks an experienced VP of Product to own the unifying vision, strategy, and roadmap for all of our existing and developing products. The VP of Product will sit on the Leadership Team, serving as the primary voice of our users. They will also lead the growth of the Product team, building a talented group of PMs, designers, researchers, and testers who keep the trains running on time and on spec. This is a full-time role.
Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain a clear and focused product strategy, communicating the strategy clearly and frequently with the entire company
- Define and maintain a 6+ month product roadmap aimed at moving toward future business horizons
- Prioritize initiatives on an ongoing basis in line with strategy, business KPIs, and customer value
- Align all Product strategy, objectives, and results with the priorities of the company
- Work collaboratively with customers and internal teams to understand product needs
- Leverage expertise of customers and internal teams to identify product opportunities and translate those to tactical requirements
- Regularly engage with clients and prospects to understand their problems and the needs of the market
- Own the Product life cycle from problem identification to launch to evaluation
- Manage the product development process in response to company and customer needs
- Lead the go-to-market strategy and execution
- Streamline internal release processes
- Collaborate to tailor messaging, packaging, and delivery of the solutions to market
- Enable the engineering team to execute on the roadmap
- Oversee the development of stories from product requirements
- Work closely with engineering leadership to ensure customer needs and business objectives are well understood
- Ensure the team has a healthy balance of innovation, reducing technical debt and providing maintenance and support
- Communicate status clearly: progress, setbacks, and tradeoffs across management and stakeholder
- Leverage our weekly all-hands meeting and demos as opportunities to communicate updates broadly
- Team members across the organization consistently receive targeted updates with the appropriate context for their role
- Own and measure customer engagement through product usage analysis
- Leverage product analytics to identify opportunities for driving platform adoption and product development priority
- Build a high performing team
- Set clear expectations for each role and team member in the product organization
- Serve as both manager and mentor/coach for all team members
- Own the growth and development of all team members, including career planning
Ideal Candidate Profile
The best candidates for this role have a track record of product management excellence, and a background in social media-based analytical products, with a deep familiarity with this market and its constraints and opportunities. They will be outstanding communicators who can create a shared strategy for Product success across and within teams and departments. They will be excellent listeners, translators, and technical writers. They can see both the forest and the trees and know when to focus on which.
The very best candidates will be experienced in working with massive amounts of data in a science-focused environment. Understanding the science and technology behind our work will be important, but driving product outcomes that allow non-technical and non-scientific users to succeed on our platform will be the difference between good and great candidates.
Candidates must be willing to flex between individual contributor Product work and high level strategy and leadership.
- Ability to work legally in the US without visa sponsorship
- This Position is New York based
- 8+ years of professional experience in the product space
- Proven experience taking B2B SaaS products to market
- Basic Information Architecture and Product Design skills
- Fluency in products based on social media data analysis
- Experience building a team from the ground up
- Experience with a big data, science-driven product
- Experience with data visualizations and dashboards
- Proven track record at a high-growth startup
All Graphika Tech Team Members...
- understand and appreciate good software engineering practices, including version control, code reviews, testing, and refactoring
- are comfortable debugging and optimizing code
- write tests to make sure code is reliable
- help shape technical decisions within the team
- collaborate within and across departments to ensure successful product creation
- have the ability to pick up new tools and technologies as needed
- Unlimited PTO, with a company-mandated minimum of ten days of vacation time taken per year.
- 100% healthcare (health, vision, dental) premium coverage for employees; 50% premium coverage for families
- For NYers, access to "Graphikafé," our NYC small office setup with bookable hotdesks, meeting rooms, and phone booths
- Remote personal office setup stipend + 20% of home internet costs covered