Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
The analysis tools team are developing a suite of innovative and advanced graphical tools. These tools are designed to be used by both internal engineers and external developers. The tools enable users to visualise how the programs they create execute on the IPU to enable them to optimise the performance of the ML applications.
UI/UX Designer Responsibilities & Skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Develop easy to use and intuitive UI's that present information about the IPU and IPU system.
- Work with teams to define how best to visualise complex low level data about the IPU.
- Taking complex problems and creating simple solutions.
- Create UI prototypes for new features.
- Design UI components.
- Work closely with developers to ensure delivery of designs and consistent user experience, including testing of the product.
- Understand the user interactions with the tools and how to improve them.
- Conduct customer usability sessions to improve the product.
- Define and own the style standards for the analysis tools.
- Work as part of an agile team developing component based applications.
- Experience with presenting technical information in a user interface.
- Experience with prototype and wireframe technologies.
- Understanding UX best practices and how to apply them.
- Experience with running customer usability events
- Experience with web presentation technologies, CSS, HTML.
- Ability to make code changes to improve styling & consistency.
- Experience of machine learning.
- Experience with web frameworks React, Vue etc.