Founded just over three years ago, Graphcore's growth and impact has been little short of staggering. We believe we're in a unique position as a new wave of machine learning technology begins to emerge. We see a world where technology enhances human potential and takes us into a new era of intelligence and progress that everyone can benefit from.
What we can achieve over the next few years will re-shape businesses around the world.
Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
- Experience of developing frameworks would be good, but it is not essential.
- Strong C++ development ability
- An understanding of how these frameworks target existing technologies such as a GPU would be useful.
Developers will be encouraged to gain a deep understanding of the Poplar framework and the functionality provided by its application libraries, quickly upon joining Graphcore, in order to integrate it into frameworks.
- Masters or PhD in related computationally intensive science or engineering field
- Parallel programming and knowledge of computer architectures
- Understanding of compiler technologies and optimizing code
- Experience working with modern deep learning software architecture and frameworks including: Tensorflow, MxNet and/or PyTorch
- Experience working with hardware platforms such as GPUs, DSPs or FPGAs
- Experience in AI/machine learning
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer a generous pension scheme and to support your well-being we provide health insurance, life cover and an employee assistance programme.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
Please note, we are only considering candidates who have an established right to work for roles based in Bristol, Cambridge or Oslo Norway.