Field Applications Engineer
Founded just over three years ago, Graphcore's growth and impact has been little short of staggering. We believe we're in a unique position as a new wave of machine learning technology begins to emerge. We see a world where technology enhances human potential and takes us into a new era of intelligence and progress that everyone can benefit from.
What we can achieve over the next few years will re-shape businesses around the world.
Graphcore’s Intelligence Processing Units, or IPUs, are specifically designed for artificial intelligence and compute-dense graph applications. These are not GPUs, Graphics Processing Units, but rather graph processors especially adept at the kinds of computations used in understanding relationships within a sea of data. Architecturally, IPUs looking nothing like GPUs. They offer performance, latency, and power efficiency advantages a GPU will be unable to match. Graphcore offers support for popular industry ML frameworks and a full tool suite for developers to innovate both within and outside those frameworks.
As a FAE, you will be working closely with Graphcore’s customers and partners to help them in understanding and getting the most from our Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU) technology. In your work you will support some of the world’s top machine learning innovators at deep learning research groups, at academic institutions, at innovative machine learning start-ups, at leading automotive companies, and at some of the world’s largest cloud and internet companies.
You will need to develop a deep understanding of the IPU architecture and the associated Poplar™ tools and become familiar with leading machine learning frameworks. We want you to become an industry thought leader on Graphcore technology and developing new parallel algorithms for the IPU. You should be interested and keen to present at industry conferences and will be able to back this up with written blogs and compelling content.
The role will include product positioning and acting as a technical consultant to our key customers through architectural evaluation, integration of our technology into their designs and support through production deployment.
- Own the technical relationships with our customers and partners and helping them to exploit Graphcore’s IPU technology to achieve breakthroughs in artificial intelligence
- Be a technical expert on Graphcore’s products, directly supporting our Sales teams to secure design wins, and to lead hardware and software support of our products from the design-in phase through to successful completion and production deployment
- Become a recognized expert on Graphcore’s IPU technology and Poplar™ tools and deliver compelling training to our customers and partners
- Work with the Product Management and Engineering to ensure a good flow of customer and market feedback that can be incorporated into future products
- Strong background and related experience writing applications for high performance computing, digital signal processors, GPUs or FPGAs
- Bachelor’s in engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar field
- Deep experience with C++ and in-depth knowledge of computer architectures, high performance programming and parallel programming
- Excellent communication & presentations skills and comfortable in a customer-facing environment
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Action-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time-management and organization skills for coordinating and prioritizing multiple projects and initiatives
- Keen interest to learn about the exciting new field of AI
- Masters or PhD in related computationally intensive science or engineering field
- Experience working with modern deep learning software architecture and frameworks including: Tensorflow, MxNet, Caffe, Caffe2, Torch, and/or PyTorch
- Experience working with PCIe form-factor accelerators such as GPUs, DSPs or FPGAs
- Experience in the AI or Machine Learning space
- Experience working to optimize scientific or computationally intensive application codes, libraries or compilers
This position is based in our London office and will require frequent travel to customer & partner sites.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer a generous pension scheme and to support your well-being we provide health insurance, life cover and an employee assistance programme.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.