Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
As a Manufacturing Product Engineer, you will be part of the Operations Manufacturing team working closely with the Graphcore Design and Test Engineering teams as well as Quality and Supply Chain Management in support of volume production. You will work with Design Engineering to ensure product is manufacturable and with Supply Chain to ensure on time delivery of demand plan and to identify suitable suppliers. You will work closely with the contract manufacturers to provide day to day manufacturing support as well as continuous improvements in manufacturing capabilities, quality and yield.
You will need to develop an understanding of Graphcore products and link the manufacturing processes to key product performance metrics.
You will be expected to understand, analyse and develop relevant manufacturing KPIs and metrics and be comfortable with the use and development of leading edge data analysis tools.
- Drives hardware manufacturing quality and yield improvement roadmap and activities internally and externally at PCBA, Server (L10) and Rackscale (L11) assembly partner(s)
- Manages and maintains external hardware (PCBA, L10 & L11) assembly manufacturing partner engineering relationships
- Owner and primary contact for hardware assembly manufacturing issue resolution
- Drive data analysis methods and requirements for development and volume production data
- Research and develop enabling technologies for next generation products with suppliers
- Works closely with other product engineering fields to drive overall system quality improvements
- Supports customer engagements as required
- Strong fault diagnosis, problem solving and failure analysis skills
- Thorough understanding of PCBA, Server (L10) and Rackscale (L11) manufacturing processes and implementation of lean methodologies
- Understanding of manufacturing execution systems and engineering data collection systems
- Ability to understand the interaction and dependencies between silicon, package, PCBA, L10 and L11
- Knowledge of system level mechanics, thermal management and validation methods
- Working knowledge of system level software and testing would be of benefit
- Experience and excellent knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies employing tools such as SPC and DOE
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as in cross functional and cross regional teams by employing strong interpersonal skills
- Experienced in working with leading edge suppliers in Semiconductor Supply Chain
This position will require frequent travel to partner sites in Taiwan and occasional travel to the Graphcore Headquarters in the UK and Rackscale Design Centre in Norway. Other global travel may be necessary to sub suppliers and customers.
This position is based at our office in Hsinchu, Taiwan.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.