The use of machine learning to reimagine software and services development is exploding. Companies from every corner of the industry -- the biggest cloud service providers to corporate industrials to financial services to healthcare to retailers -- are exploring new ways of building products and services using data-centric learning models in place of traditional programming. The drive to deliver more timely and accurate results creates an ever greater need for specialized computing power. A key aspect of this Machine Intelligence market is the increasing trend towards very large AI knowledge models that are trained across a large number of interconnected servers.
Graphcore’s Intelligence Processing Unit, or IPU, is specifically designed for artificial intelligence applications. The IPU is a revolutionary break from legacy processor architectures (e.g. GPUs, CPUs, etc.) and is a graph processor designed for the massive parallelism and sparse data structures characteristic of training and deploying Machine Intelligence knowledge models. Architecturally, IPUs are a unique new approach and offer performance, latency, and power efficiency advantages that distinguish them from legacy processors. Graphcore IPUs and associated software tools support AI graph processing across a large number of servers for large scale model training.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager as part of our Poplar software product management team to bridge the gap between our scalable AI processing strategy and the needs of our target markets. Working closely with other members of the Product, Marketing, Sales, and Engineering teams, this position will play a key role in managing our product roadmap for our development tools. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Translate end use case requirements from sales and technical field personnel to SDK requirements for engineering to develop against
- Work with our engineering and development teams to manage new product introduction to lead customers
- Engage with the sales and field team to understand product use cases and key decision factors
- Enable sales with updated product roadmaps and training on end use case requirements addressed by the SDK product
- Coordinate with partners on joint projects as required.
- Product management experience in high performance computing, hyperscale processing environments, and machine learning
- B.S. in computer science or other technical/mathematics discipline; MS/PhD/MBA a plus
- Outstanding communication skills: verbal, writing, presentations, including ability to author original content
- Results-oriented team player, focused, creative, highly communicative
- International travel up to 10%
- Position is based at Graphcore’s headquarters in Bristol, U.K.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.