Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
We are looking for a Software Delivery Manager to work with our engineering development teams to plan and manage the delivery of our leading-edge software products. As a Software Delivery Manager, you will be leading a highly skilled technical team and will be involved in the detail, so a strong technical background is a requirement. You may have been working in as an Agile Delivery Manager, Technical Project Manager, Software Engineering Manager, Software Team Lead or Principal Developer.
This role is targeted as working in the areas of AI frameworks and libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch and ONNX. Direct experience of these frameworks is not a requirement although a quickness and willingness to pick up a new exciting technology area will be needed.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Own the delivery of software features, fixes and improvements for one or more product areas.
- Work with the Product Management and Software Engineering teams to estimate and prioritize new features, fixes and improvements.
- Translate the product delivery roadmaps into the team development backlogs.
- Provide clear and concise forecasting and reporting of progress towards delivery.
- Help engineering teams be more effective by providing consistency in processes and reporting.
- Contribute to the design and launch of new processes, roll-out process improvements, and support the achievement of delivery goals for the business.
- Experience in the use of AGILE methods for software delivery, either as team member or as a leader.
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship management skills.
- An ability to work independently without daily oversight.
- Solid software engineering experience, exposure or understanding.
- Solid analytical skills, and the ability to clearly communicate requirements at different levels.
- An understanding of priorities, risks, issues, impacts and constraints.
- A proven track record of delivering technical output, perhaps as an individual contributor, manager or project manager.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
Please note, we are only considering candidates who have an established right to work in the UK for roles based in Bristol, UK.