Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
We are looking for an ASIC Delivery Manager to work with our engineering development teams to plan and manage the delivery of our leading-edge ASIC devices. As an ASIC Delivery Manager, you will be leading a highly skilled technical team and will be involved in the detail, so a strong technical background is a requirement. You may have been working in as a Technical Project Manager, Engineering Manager, Team Lead or Principal Developer in one or more of the disciplines required for custom digital device development.
This role is targeted as working with our development teams on the entire development flow including front-end design capture, verification and physical layout. You will be expected to have an appreciation of the entire process, allowing you to make reasonable judgement calls on risks and priorities towards delivery.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Own the delivery process of our leading-edge digital ASIC devices, designed for Artificial Intelligence.
- Work with the Product Management and Engineering teams to estimate and prioritize features for new ASIC developments.
- Work with the Silicon Engineering teams to plan the full development of a device from concept to tapeout.
- Provide clear and concise forecasting and reporting of progress towards delivery.
- Work with Software and Hardware delivery managers minimize risks and ensure that the full product planning and delivery is consistent.
- Work as part of cross-functional teams to understand issues arising with new devices and help to plan and drive any corrective actions.
- Help engineering teams be more effective by providing consistency in processes and reporting.
- Experience of all aspects for large-scale digital ASIC developments.
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship management skills.
- An ability to work independently without daily oversight.
- Solid software engineering experience, exposure or understanding.
- Solid analytical skills, and the ability to clearly communicate requirements at different levels.
- An understanding of priorities, risks, issues, impacts and constraints.
- A proven track record of delivering technical output, perhaps as an individual contributor, manager or project manager.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
Please note, we are only considering candidates who have an established right to work in the UK for roles based in Bristol, UK.