At Graphcore we’re optimistic for a future where people live healthier, more informed, more creative lives. Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence, transforming whole industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
What we do, really makes a difference.
We are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. An equal opportunity employer, we want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful.
What you’ll be doing
As our Talent Development Leader, you will play a critical role in the continued growth of Graphcore. Reporting into the SVP of People, you will hold responsibility for the achievement of ambitious talent growth and development objectives as we continue to scale the organisation.
You will be responsible for the planning and execution of all talent development activities across the UK (London, Cambridge and Bristol), Norway (Oslo), Taiwan, China (Beijing) and US (Palo Alto). Working in close collaboration with other functions across the People team (HR Business Partners, HRIS, Compensation & Benefits and Talent Acquisition) as well as key business stakeholders, you will ensure that our approach to talent development is coherent, consistent and aligned with the people and business strategies.
This is a broad role that requires both tactical and strategic capability. As well as the design and delivery of the overall talent development strategy for Graphcore, you’ll also ensure that our employee Induction, early talent and leadership development, internal mobility and succession planning activities are effective and robust.
Other responsibilities include:
- Design, implement and evaluate key talent development interventions, concepts and programmes in line with our business and related organisational development necessities.
- Facilitate and deliver trainings, workshops and offsites when required (potential international travel) including train the trainer to subject matter experts.
- Identify opportunities to transition learning offerings to digital learning where appropriate.
- Design training solutions using a variety of techniques and methods with a steady-state approach for each new programme or intervention.
- Translate business needs and Talent Management results (e.g. succession planning, talent identification, career pathway tools) into relevant and solid development interventions.
- Define program goals, design scalable pilots – blended where possible to combine live, virtual and coaching elements.
- Manage overall learning and development approach, scheduling and programme elements to budget.
What you’ll bring
You’ll have demonstrable experience gained from performing similar roles within the technology industry, to include a global component. It goes without saying that you’ll have high levels of credibility and the ability to build influential relationships with senior stakeholders (internal and external).
As well as the above, you’ll also bring the following skills and experience:
- A track record in the deployment of learning initiatives on a global level aimed at increasing organisational performance.
- Able to scope, design & innovative (digital) learning interventions / materials that can scale.
- Strong training delivery and facilitation skills and have delivered development workshops for junior employees, subject matter experts, right through to board level.
- Able to project manage and lead the global roll-out of your talent development strategy.
- Comfortable working in an international, technology driven and fast paced environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with experience of presenting and influencing change at a senior level.
- Passionate about learning and development with a pragmatic approach.
- Experience selecting and working with external vendors.
- Analytical with outstanding attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and ability to effectively prioritise and manage workload.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks, set own deadlines and deliver against them, including managing and prioritising conflicting programme timelines.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.