Founded just over three years ago, Graphcore's growth and impact has been little short of staggering. We believe we're in a unique position as a new wave of machine learning technology begins to emerge. We see a world where technology enhances human potential and takes us into a new era of intelligence and progress that everyone can benefit from.
What we can achieve over the next few years will re-shape businesses around the world.
Graphcore has created a completely newprocessor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
We are looking for technical lead who cares deeply about the software quality and is willing to champion validation within the software organisation. Take ownership of the software quality and work closely with engineering teams to deliver outstanding products. Build and lead a talented team of software developers engaged in the construction of automated validation and data gathering tools.
The software integration test team is not a standard test team; it consists of talented software developers who are testing a complex stack of parallel processing tools, APIs and machine learning frameworks and models.
· Ownership of the software quality and validation process
· Negotiation with internal stakeholders to create a testing schedule that meets requirements and deadlines
· Recruitment and mentoring of a team of software engineers specialising in validation and verification across Bristol, Cambridge and London
· A proven track record of leadership
· Able to manage multiple changing priorities within a fast-paced environment
· Extensive knowledge of Python and testing methodologies
· Experience in test automation and CI/CD
· Good experience of working with agile methods of development
· Experience with Linux or Unix systems
· Hold a relevant engineering degree at master’s or PhD level
· Some exposure to artificial neural network
· Some experience with C++ development
· A good understanding of parallel processing
· Experience with test data storage and DB management
· Experience with cloud computation platform
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer a generous pension scheme and to support your well-being we provide health insurance, life cover and an employee assistance programme.
Our centrally located Bristol office provides a well-stocked kitchen with healthy food, drinks and snacks and our very own barista! We have an active social scene too - from cycling, yoga, running and football right through to a board game group.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
Please note, we are only considering candidates who have an established right to work in the UK for roles based in Bristol, UK