Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models’ orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, robotic or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do really makes a difference.
The Performance and AI Engineering team focus is, firstly, to understand the direction of cutting-edge research in the wider AI community. Secondly, we are responsible for the analysis, optimisation and deployment of machine intelligence models that support such efforts onto our novel scaleout IPU systems. Our third main activity is the development and communication of applications on our systems that push the boundaries of what is possible with AI today.
- Work closely with GraphcoreProduct, Engineering and Research teams around the world to find highly performant solutions in the new and challenging world of AI
- Collaborate with some of the world’s top AI researchers and engineers at our customers and partners, and help them to develop new algorithms and achieve breakthroughs
- Develop applications using world-leading computeresources that push the boundaries of what is possible with AI today
- Provide industry thought leadership by attending and presenting at leading conferences, as well as providing written blogs and other content
- In-depth understanding of AI techniques, particularly the Deep Learning family of algorithms
- Experience working with modern Deep Learning software architecture and frameworks such as Tensorflowor PyTorch
- Experience with C++/Python and in-depth knowledge of computer architectures, high performance programming and parallel programming
- Comfortable in a customer-facing environment
- Analytical and proactive mindset, a passion for AI and performance engineering, and an eye for innovation.
- Strong communication skills with the ability work well as part of a team as well as interface with management and engineering teams.
- Masters or PhD in computationally intensive science or engineering field
- Experience working with the AI research community
- Practical experience with state-of-the art neural networks such as BERT and ResNet. Understanding of their application in domains including but not limited to NLP, computer vision, robotics and control, medicine and engineering.
- Background in low-level coding and performance optimisation
- Experience working with accelerators such as GPUs, DSPs or FPGAs
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.