Director of AI Applications (Europe)
The use of machine learning to reimagine software applications and service development is exploding. Companies from every corner of the industry -- the biggest cloud service providers to corporate industrials to financial services to healthcare to retailers -- are exploring new ways of building products and services using data-centric learning models in place of traditional explicit programming. The drive to deliver more timely and more accurate results is compelling an ever greater need for specialized computing power. GPUs have been hailed as the solution to those computing needs but the industry is actively searching for a better, more efficient solution. Graphcore has that solution.
Graphcore’s Intelligence Processing Units, or IPUs, are specifically designed for artificial intelligence and compute-dense graph applications. These are not GPUs, Graphics Processing Units, but rather graph processors especially adept at the kinds of computations used in understanding relationships within a sea of data. Architecturally, IPUs looking nothing like GPUs. They offer performance, latency, and power efficiency advantages a GPU will be unable to match. Graphcore offers support for popular industry ML frameworks and a full tool suite for developers to innovate both within and outside those frameworks.
The Director of AI Applications (Europe) oversees and manages the application development work performed by European applications teams in the Customer Engineering department of Graphcore. The development work undertaken by these teams includes:
- Co-developing projects with key customers that use Graphcore technology.
- Developing application reference code and application notes
- Developing training material and participating in user training
- Developing demos of Graphcore technology for customer engagements and trade shows (and participating in these events
- To lead recruitment for the application teams within the region (working in conjunction with local site managers)
- To oversee and direct the work undertaken by the application teams
- To take responsibility for the career and skills development of the engineers within the teams
- To aid in the scoping and definition of projects
- To ensure that the work undertaken by the teams meets company goals (both in terms of content and timescale to completion).
- To line manage the teams (in conjunction with local site managers)
- BS or higher in CS, EE, or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience building and leading teams of highly technical professionals
- 5+ years practical software development experience, preferably in high-performance software or machine learning
- Ability to understand complex technical issues, related business challenges and develop strategies to effectively address them
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
Please note, we are only considering candidates who have an established right to work in the UK for roles based in Bristol or Cambridge, UK.