Full Stack Applications Developer, Full-Time, Bristol
Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
The Full-Stack Application Developer will contribute by supporting the planning and release procedures, by designing, scoping and building a number of critical tools and applications. You will be involved in creating a visual tool for release and features planning, release automation, UI to a number of systems to simplify, expand and improve the SDLC of the whole SW engineering and Product team.
Ideally, you are an expert in full-stack applications space and will be instrumental in the improvements and capabilities of the day-by-day work in Graphcore.
You will work with the Release Manager, collect requirements from the Product team. You will be closely involved with the DevOps team and the whole SW engineering while shaping the future SDLC. Everything you will build will be used by hundreds of developers across the globe, to deliver the latest AI technology.
- Develop applications and tools in full-stack, cross-platform, environment.
- Ability to build an application from scratch: from design to deployment
- Ability to design efficient and effective UIs
- Working with an Agile scrum methodology, breaking work down in epics and stories
- Passion driven, goal-oriented and “Can do” attitude
- Experience of full-stack cross-platform environment: Linux/MacOS/Windows
- Intimate familiarity of version control, specifically git
- Ability to build complex applications in Python, PHP, bash
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases like MySQL or SQLite
- Comfortable in understanding opensource tools and build extensions for them
- Ability to interface with opensource communities as needed
Please note, we are only considering candidates who have an established right to work in the UK for roles based in Bristol, UK
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful, so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.