Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
Graphcore is looking for a Product & Program Manager to define and manage the delivery of our lower software stack, including firmware, drivers and tools. Working closely with the internal software engineering team, this individual will have experience of complex software development projects and their delivery. As Product & Program Manager, it is expected that there will be significant interaction with lead customers and the commercial organisation.
- Work with software engineering, commercial product management and customers to define and track firmware, driver and low-level tool requirements.
- Be responsible for the detailed low-level software product roadmap.
- Work with Software Engineering to define and communicate firmware and software release packages.
- Attend internal software planning meetings to ensure that the customer requirements are being met and prioritized correctly.
- Define and oversee mechanisms required for delivery of software products to customers.
- Work with Customer Engineering to ensure that any custom software solutions are taken-on and prioritized appropriately.
- BS or higher in CS, EE, or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience in complex software development projects and their delivery
- Ability to understand complex technical issues and work with others to address them
- Excellent communications and presentation skills to technical internal and external audiences
- Experience of delivering firmware into computer systems targeted at large scale deployment is a significant advantage
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
Please note, we are only considering candidates who have an established right to work in the UK for roles based in Bristol, UK.