Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
Graphcore is looking for a Hardware Product & Program Manager to define and organize the delivery of platforms containing our Intelligent Processor Unit technology. The Platforms team at Graphcore designs and validates a variety of cards and systems targeted at datacentre and automotive applications. It is also responsible for all internal development and test platforms required across the organisation. Also working closely with the Silicon and software teams, this individual will have experience of cross-functional working in a cutting-edge silicon or hardware organisation.
- Work with commercial and engineering teams to define multiple generations of hardware platforms to be taken into volume production.
- Work with the engineering and operations teams to define internal platforms required for development and manufacturing.
- Understand the dependencies between different teams within the engineering and commercial organisations. Work with the other Product owners to align development flows.
- Organise and track deliveries from the Platforms team to other parts of the organisation, including transfer into production.
- Report status, issues and risks on all hardware development projects to all stakeholders within Graphcore.
- BS or higher in CS, EE, or related technical field.
- 10+ years of experience in complex cross-functional development projects and their delivery.
- Ability to understand complex technical issues and work with others to address them.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills to technical, sales and marketing audiences.
- Experience with the development and manufacture of high-performance computer or embedded systems would be a significant advantage.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
Please note, we are only considering candidates who have an established right to work in the UK for roles based in Bristol, UK.