Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
- Establish close working relationships with internal & external Engineering partners
- Act as the central point for defining characterisation methods for silicon-system understanding
- Develop methods & plans to characterise Graphcore designed hardware (chip, system) that can deliver comprehensive understanding of key product parameter variation across process, voltage, temperature ranges.
- Support customer engagements as needed
- Main point of contact for complex yield, performance, reliability programs
- Key interface for characterisation related product engineering
- Define the best methods to assess the interaction between software-system-silicon
- Good communicator
- Systematic approach
- Strong data analysis skills
- >5yrs experience in working within a product engineering environment
- Ability to work with software, hardware teams and understand need of end application
- Good knowledge and ability to solve problems at silicon and package product level
- Degree level qualifications in Electronics, Physics or equivalent qualifications
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.