Security Architect, Full-Time, Bristol or Cambridge
Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
Graphcore is seeking to hire a Security Architect based in Bristol or Cambridge to join the System Architecture team to define, design and validate security, encryption and root-of-trust hardware and software inside Graphcore’s market leading IPU Machine Intelligence accelerators and within the software and systems around them. The key aspects of this principal level role involve:
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to determine current and future requirements in these areas.
- Producing detailed written specifications for hardware and software.
- Assisting other Graphcore teams in implementation of these features.
- Demonstrable experience of processor and system-on-chip architecture definition
- Previous experience architecting or implementing on-chip cryptographic acceleration and root-of-trust hardware, using implementation methodologies such as Verilog/VHDL, HDL simulation and synthesis.
- Embedded Software and Operating System security.
- A good background in applied cryptography including symmetric and asymmetric ciphers.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience of or ability to demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with suppliers and customers and to effectively manage multi-party engagements.
Other desirable areas of experience:
- Exposure to state of the art Machine learning and Deep Learning algorithms.
- Experience with multi-gigabit line rate symmetric encryption.
- Detailed technical understanding of the PCI Express transport layer protocol and drivers for PCI Express devices.
- Experience within data centre security
- Knowledge specifying chips and software for content protection
- Automotive and IOT security.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
Please note, we are only considering candidates who have an established right to work in the UK for roles based in Bristol or Cambridge, UK.