More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They’ll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world’s leading Farm Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
We’re looking for a Customer Support Representative to join our Johnston, IA location to ensure our customers are the most effective farm management technology users in the agriculture industry. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise to reshape the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team. We’re looking for proactive, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve provided an employee-focused response to COVID-19 where safety is key. As of February 2022, we have reopened our Johnston, IA, Champaign, IL and San Francisco, CA office hubs and now offer a hybrid approach of intentional in–office time to work and collaborate, balanced with the flexibility to work from home.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Quickly become an expert with our Insights software and Granular suite of products.
- Field and resolve inbound support requests – including answering questions, troubleshooting issues, and finding/reporting bugs – using live chat, phone and email
- Work with our engineering and product teams to help provide a proactive and quick response product support experience to our customers and to better serve their interests.
- Complete projects that meet unique customers' unique business needs in collaboration with Customer Success Managers
- Light touch training and support model to ensure successful utilization of the system by customers
- Contribute to support campaigns that lead our customers to success during critical periods of the year – planning, field operations, reconciliation, and reporting.
- Proactively master the newest functionality. Your job is to know the use cases, workflows, how to’s, nuances, and future improvements of constantly evolving products
- Help translate the user experience from the front lines using metrics, analytics, and anecdotes that allow the company to understand our strengths and opportunities
- Verify help documentation is translated/displayed appropriately.
- Work across the Granular and Corteva organization collaborating with different teams within and outside of Granular in the pursuit of providing a world class support experience for our customers.
Who You Are:
- 2 + years of customer support experience
- You have direct experience and/or a strong professional understanding of the agricultural industry.
- You love to help people.
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- You exude optimism, teamwork, and simplicity.
- You work smart and efficiently while juggling multiple tasks and channels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Flexible Vacation Policy + Sick Time
- 10 paid company holidays per year
- Volunteer Time Off
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Family Parental Leave
- Learning Programs and Employee Development
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices when offices re-open
- As of July 2021, we reopened our Johnston, IA and Champaign, IL office hubs and now offer a hybrid approach of intentional in office time to work and collaborate, balanced with the flexibility to work from home. Our San Francisco office will reopen this fall.
Who We Are:
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build stronger farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by shaping agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our company and people at http://granular.ag/, Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.