More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They’ll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world’s leading Farm Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
The Mobile SDET Engineer owns the building, maintaining and carrying out of the QA process that ensures the quality of our world-class agriculture software products, that deliver insights that makes farming more efficient, profitable, and sustainable.
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise to reshape the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team. We’re looking for proactive, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve provided an employee-focused response to COVID-19 where safety is key. As of February 2022, we have reopened our Johnston, IA, Champaign, IL and San Francisco, CA office hubs and now offer a hybrid approach of intentional in–office time to work and collaborate, balanced with the flexibility to work from home.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Work closely with product managers, developers, design engineers and other QA engineers to test and ensure high quality products are released to customers.
- Apply a deep Quality mentality to solve test engineering related challenges and develop durable yet extensible solutions.
- Develop test strategies based on the requirements to efficiently and comprehensively test the features.
- Using effective test strategies to write, automate and execute test cases that cover a wide range of products.
- Understand and contribute to product requirements, architecture and design.
- Actively participate in the QA processes enhancements.
- Provide excellent team support with maintenance and upkeep on primary testing tools.
- Mentor Junior QA engineers.
Who You Will Do It With:
- Be part of a team of 3 that is a driving force in developing cutting edge products, with opportunities to grow and advance.
- Working on a product that is on the forefront of the Farming Industry.
- A dynamic QA department that is always looking to advance and improve our quality assurance process and approach.
- Work in an essential industry, where the potential of software is just being explored.
Who You Are:
- Experience as a SDET or coding test automation is essential
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically QA processes in Agile development cycles.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A hands-on Python coding background in a quality engineering role.
- 2+ years of Browser Testing (preferably mobile browser/native application) including designing, writing and carrying out test cases.
- Experience with automation frameworks (Pytest, Python-Selenium, Python-Appium)
- Hands-on experience with CICD test automation (Jenkins or Gitlab CI).
- Proficient with one or more bug tracking and test management tools (preferably JIRA and TestRail)
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with complex applications.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for revolutionizing the agriculture industry with your skills!
- Hands on experience with AWS, Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Flexible Vacation Policy + Sick Time
- 9 paid company holidays per year
- Volunteer Time Off
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Family Parental Leave
- Learning Programs and Employee Development
- Open floor plan
- We now offer a hybrid approach of intentional in-office time to work and collaborate, balanced with the flexibility to work from home.
Who We Are:
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build stronger farms today and steward their land for generations to come. Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient businesses. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built-in-the-cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by shaping agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is part of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin-off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our business and people at http://granular.ag/, Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.