More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They’ll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world’s leading Farm Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
The Senior QA Engineer owns the building, maintaining and implementing of the QA process that ensures the quality of our world-class agriculture software products, that deliver insights that makes farming more efficient, profitable, and sustainable.
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise to reshape the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team in Brazil.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Work closely with product managers, developers, design engineers and other QA engineers to test and ensure high quality products are released to customers.
- Apply a deep Quality mentality to solve test engineering related challenges and develop durable yet extensible solutions.
- Develop test strategies based on the requirements to efficiently and comprehensively test the features.
- Using effective test strategies to write, automate and execute test cases that cover a wide range of products.
- Understand and contribute to product requirements, architecture and design.
- Actively participate in the QA processes enhancements.
- Provide excellent team support with maintenance and upkeep on primary testing tools.
- Mentor Junior QA engineers.
Who You Will Do It With:
- Be part of a team of 6 that is a driving force in developing cutting edge products, with opportunities to grow and advance.
- Working on a product that is on the forefront of the Farming Industry.
- A dynamic QA department that is always looking to advance and improve our quality assurance process and approach.
- Work in an essential industry, where the potential of software is just being explored.
Who You Are:
- Have a Python coding background in a quality engineering role.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of testing Web based full stack applications, including designing, writing and executing of test cases.
- Experience with frontend web automation testing, with a focus on using selenium.
- Experience with backend web automation testing, with a focus on API testing.
- Experience with automation frameworks.
- Hands-on experience with CICD test automation (Jenkins or Gitlab CI).
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically QA processes in Agile development cycles.
- Proficient with one or more bug tracking and test management tools (preferably JIRA and Testrails)
- Hands on experience with AWS, Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Basic knowledge of databases queries (Postgres, Dynamo experience is a plus)
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with complex applications.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for revolutionizing the agriculture industry with your skills!
- Mobile application testing experience is a plus.
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles.
- Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Life Insurance
- Funeral Assistance
- Meal Ticket
- Grocery Ticket
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Learning Programs and Employee Development
- Employees are currently working from home until the global pandemic subsides.
Who We Are:
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build stronger farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by shaping agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin-off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our company and people at http://granular.ag/, Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.