More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They’ll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world’s leading Farm Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to learn about farming and agricultural processes while designing solutions for an underserved customer base. In addition to leading product initiatives, you will help shape the vision and execution of design at Granular. You will work closely with all core Granular business units: Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Data Science. This role is integral to Granular's success and a chance to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team!
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise to reshape the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team. We’re looking for proactive, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve provided an employee-focused response to COVID-19 where safety is key. As of February 2022, we have reopened our Johnston, IA, Champaign, IL and San Francisco, CA office hubs and now offer a hybrid approach of intentional in–office time to work and collaborate, balanced with the flexibility to work from home.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Translate customer and design problems into effective and engaging solutions
- Drive user research, wireframing, interaction design, prototyping and UI design for medium to large-scale design projects
- In the first 90 days, you’ll dive deep into understanding our customers and the challenging field of farming
- In the first year, you’ll collaborate with product, engineering, data science, and more on a cross-functional domain team to release features that help farmers and their advisors face these challenges.
Who You Will Do It With:
- You’ll collaborate on a product team with a product manager, and a team of engineers
- Our product design team is passionate, experienced group who work together closely to create high-value experiences for farmers and their trusted advisors
- Opportunities for growth, with the mentorship and support to help you grow in your career
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of product design experience
- Experience leading complex design projects with multiple contributors and partners
- Ability to move seamlessly between defining strategy and delivering hands-on work
- Mastery of the product design process, including user research, interaction design and UI design and a strong understanding of front-end/UI technologies
- Proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Loves to collaborate with other teams, often across multiple time zones
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience creating within a design system across web and native apps
- Familiarity with business / financial software tools a plus
- Familiarity with agriculture / farming practices a plus, but certainly not required
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Flexible Vacation Policy + Sick Time
- 9 paid company holidays per year
- Volunteer Time Off
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Family Parental Leave
- Learning Programs and Employee Development
- Open floor plan
- We now offer a hybrid approach of intentional in-office time to work and collaborate, balanced with the flexibility to work from home.
Who We Are:
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build stronger farms today and steward their land for generations to come. Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient businesses. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built-in-the-cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by shaping agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is part of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin-off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our business and people at http://granular.ag/, Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.